Cider Clone Recipes Anyone?!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casualties_army40

Reaction score
Hey all. im just wondering if anyone has got a recipe for a cider really similar to Gaymers Original and Mercury Black?

reason being is that i love those cider alot and just recently Mercury has stoped making Black (8.1% and taste like it has a hint or whisky in it, also you could only get it tassie) and i am unable to find Gaymers anywhere (a few months ago they had cartons of gaymers going for $20 because they're not going to import it anymore).

so if anyone has a recipes for clone of either of them, that would be appreciated. cheers.

Mercury black doesnt really taste like it has whiskey in it -maybe a touch of vodka - but i'd put that down to the amount of alcohol. If you can find what apples are in mercury I'm sure a recipe wouldnt be that hard to produce.

But seriously - making cider isnt rocket science and there are plenty of GOOD simple cider recipies (aldi / berri juice and some wyeast cider yeast and a couple of sticks of cinnamon for example makes a tasty cider maybe add a dash of vanilla?) have a go at a few of these - make small batches if your worried - find the flavour you like and brew a full size batch.

Pleanty of info on here and the other "usual suspects" on making cider

Back