Christmas Lotto 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QldKev 2nd Place will receive beer from

41. Wolfman - RECEIVED
42. Adryargument - RECEIVED
43. Kieren - RECEIVED
44. Juzdu
45. NewtownClown - RECEIVED
46. Nick R
47.MaxT - RECEIVED
48. Nibbo - RECEIVED
49. Lanerigg - RECEIVED 2 bottles :D
50. mckenry - RECEIVED
51. Geneabovill - RECEIVED
52. Stakka82 - RECEIVED
53. _WALLACE_
54. smokomark - RECEIVED
55. Josh
56. smokomark - RECEIVED
57.Joell
58. yum beer - RECEIVED
59. Pennywise
60. Crunched - RECEIVED

More yummy beers for QldKev

Updated the list. Had the bullsneck Pale ale a second ago....... :) YUMMY! Gonna brew this after the Grain Bulk Buy. Great beer thanks.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback.

I still have a few bottles from my win a few years ago! 10% Barley Wine and and RIS.

41. Wolfman - RECEIVED
43. Kieren - RECEIVED
44. Juzdu
46. Nick R
47.MaxT - RECEIVED
48. Nibbo - RECEIVED
50. mckenry - RECEIVED
52. Stakka82 - RECEIVED
53. _WALLACE_
54. smokomark - RECEIVED
55. Josh
56. smokomark - RECEIVED
57.Joell
58. yum beer - RECEIVED
59. Pennywise - RECEIVED
60. Crunched - RECEIVED

Okeydokey, surely it's about time the winners posted some tasting notes.
I know not all of us are BJCP qualified, but at least a "pretty nice with a 6 nugget happy meal" comment would be appreciated.

Or even "tasted crap with the recipe I tried to replicate off last year's My Kitchen Rules by that twat".

petesbrew said:
Okeydokey, surely it's about time the winners posted some tasting notes.
I know not all of us are BJCP qualified, but at least a "pretty nice with a 6 nugget happy meal" comment would be appreciated.

Or even "tasted crap with the recipe I tried to replicate off last year's My Kitchen Rules by that twat".
Indeed, my beers have 'feedback appreciated' for a reason :beerbang: :beerbang:

Yeah please some feed back would be good :) also just in case you missed all the posts and pms WALLACE my bottle was in with westaussiebrewers pack if not the **** took my money for the postage :ph34r: you havent added my name to the updated list thats all ^_^

geneabovill said:
Brew arrived Stagwa yesterday!!
Good to hear, I hope it’s still OK after all the “transit” time. I hope you enjoy it.

I've been a bit busy on the weekends to organise a tasting session, but it's happening Sun 27th. There will be at least one experienced judge present. We will be offering feedback for all beers, but keeping it fun the official judging sheets wont be used, just general comments from the table will be recorded. Looking forward to sampling some great beers from around Australia.

QldKev

Terrible sorry fellas. I was planning on sending a Saison but it was infected. Backup plan was an English Bitter and it too was infected. Gotta get a few things sorted out in the brewhouse before I brew again.

So I will have to see if there's anything worthwhile in my stores. Sit tight, if worse comes to worst, I will send a bottle of Imperial Stout each that I've been saving for special occasions.

41. Wolfman - RECEIVED
43. Kieren - RECEIVED
44. Juzdu - RECEIVED
46. Nick R
47.MaxT - RECEIVED
48. Nibbo - RECEIVED
50. mckenry - RECEIVED
52. Stakka82 - RECEIVED
53. _WALLACE_
54. smokomark - RECEIVED
55. Josh
56. smokomark - RECEIVED
57.Joell
58. yum beer - RECEIVED
59. Pennywise - RECEIVED
60. Crunched - RECEIVED

Not sure if everyone is aware of the weather we are having up here, but over the last few days we've been averaging over 100mm of rain every day and it's forecasted for another 100mm today, and then another 100mm for tomorrow. Tomorrow's beer sampling day has been postponed :( Don't worry all my brew gear is high and dry. The sampling day will be rescheduled in the near future. :)

QldKev

QldKev I see the news today that a state of emergency has been declared, and parts of Bundy are being evacuated? I'm sure everyone here at AHB will be crossing their fingers that everything's ok for you and your family, let alone your precious lotto beers!

You're a highly valued member of this forum, and I'll be more than happy to kick off a "get QldKev back up and running" fund if anything happens to your brew gear. Be safe mate.

have you guys got my beers yet?

EDIT: SWMBO just informed me that she left the parcels in the back of her mums car..... :unsure: will shoot them off on tuesday when i get them back.

I was going to save all feedback to the end and message them to the members, but we've just finished a glass of one members beer and I'm having a beergasm.

Kieren's 3.1% Brown Ale aged on Oak

3.1% Brown Ale aged on Oak
Pours a large tan to light brown head, that is retained to the bottom of the glass
Good glass lacing
Excellent color, no haze evident
Extreme hop presence on the nose
Drinking it there is a big complex nutty caramel and burnt malty backbone with a good hop presence that balances nicely, and leaves a sweet residue on the lips.
You could tell me this was twice the alc % and I would believe you
We didn't get much oak coming through from bhind the bitterness
This is an awesome beer, I wish I could match the quality

QldKev

Thanks for the very kind words Kev.

I didn't want too much oak coming through as I find it can take away too much from the hops. So it was only on the oak for the length of the dry hopping ~5 days I think.

Wallace have you picked up my beers from Craft Brewer? I left them their 2 months ago and they were still in the fridge two weeks ago?

Geneabovill did yours arrive??

Back