Chorizo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I know this should go in the rant thread but it's so important that I've put it here.

Listen up, I'm only going to tell you this once.

Chorizo is NOT Fucken pronounced "Koreetso"

It's Spanish not Italian.

it's "cho-ree-zo"

Gettit?

Jeez I dunno..........................

In English, chorizo is usually pronounced /ɵˈrz/, or /ɵˈrs/ by some speakers . Non-English pronunciations are sometimes heard, including /ɵˈrθ/, mimicking Castilian Spanish, and the hyperforeign pronunciation /ɵˈrts/ in which the 'z' erroneously follows the rules of Italian rather than Spanish orthography.

snickers.jpg

The beeg factorees in the States make them from beef salivary glands and lymph nodes. Added a whole new flavor to that acid trip after I read that.

bradsbrew said:
Show-ree-tho.

According to that Spanish chef from the living room.
That's Castilian Spanish, the language of the Nobles.

When I visited Spain it always struck me as very strange, in the land that invented Machismo, to front up to a bar in Cordoba and have to order a beer with "oona therveytha por favor":
I was very careful not to bat my eyelids or wave my handbag whilst doing so.

Duke, if you use the share tab on the YouTube page, just to the right of the like/don't like thumbs up/down and copy the URL from there the video will embed. For some reason a carriage return after the paste seems to make a difference at times.

Oh, I see you're on mobile. I have the iPhone app so I'm not sure it'd be the same for you but tap the link symbol (three dots connected by lines in a near-triangle, upper right corner in portrait view) and choose copy, then paste into the app. Again, for some reason a carriage return after the paste seems to make a difference at times.

Count yourself lucky... have only recently got my betrothed to stop calling them " chozeerioes " w.t. actual f... !!?

Now to work on " muchness of a muchness " gaaahh! Its no wonder a man needs to spend countless hours in the brew cave.

I find it hard to pronounce the z as a "th" sound though. Doesn't stop me from eating quite a lot of them, however you say it. Chorizo chilli and egg omelette with green beans and broccoli is common lunch for me. I always use jalapeño chillis. How do you guys pronounce that ? :)

Latest posts

Back