Chocolate Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 100g of pre crushed cacao nibs in my chocolate porter, toasted for 5 minutes and threw them in 10 minutes before the end of the boil
I'm going to try adding them to secondary next time just to see what the difference is

I've got a winter stout that I'd be keen on dry nibbing in some of the bottles. Does anyone see a problem with leaving the nibs in the bottle up until serving? (obviously will de-cant/strain the floaties as required)?

brownegaz said:
OK Thanks for all the replies, I will use 100g of cocoa nibs I bought from my local health food shop, ground to a powder and mixed into 500ml of hot water to liquify, allow it to cool a little then pour into the fermenter once the krausen starts to drop back into the fermenter, next time I might use cocoa nibs in the mash instead of in the fermenter.?
[SIZE=12pt]Yeah, I agree with you because Cocoa nibs are energy booster and it contains Magnesium, Fiber, Iron which are good for health.[/SIZE]

wally said:
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm interested in trying cacao nibs in a robust porter.

Manticle; I note from your post here that you recommend toasting the nibs and adding them to the secondary. My question is :- How much to add for a 23 litre batch and do they need to be ground?

Cheers,

Wally

From memory, I used a full pack (100g from craftbrewer)

Back