Chocolate Porter Final Sg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickledkiwi2

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had a Cascade Chocolate Porter brewing now for 10 days.
The actual mix was
1.7 can cascade choc porter
1 kg coopers brewing sugar
1 kg morgans choc malt
250grms light malt extract
2x yeast (one came with the kit the other was given at the brew shop but dont remember what it was)

OG was 1052
the sg now is 1020.

The taste is ok, and I notice that the air lock is still active though it be very very slow. Do i wait for a bit longer to bottle ie total death of the airlock or should I just get into it now seeing to total amount of time brewing so far.

I look forward to any advice.
cheers bda :beerbang:

Would probably be best if you could supply us with the yeast strain(s) used, and the temperature of fermentation.

That dreaded 1020 number, I'd be getting a sanitised spoon cracking the lid and trying to get the yeast excited again.
No matter what the yeast, 1020 is too high I wouldn't bottle anything above 1014...unless it started at 1080 or something silly like that.

Would probably be best if you could supply us with the yeast strain(s) used, and the temperature of fermentation.
sorry Adamt, thought i had noted the yeast strainsdown but after looking at records cant find it, however the average brew temp is 22 to 24 deg (a bit high I know am still working on a climate controled cupboarb from brewing).
cheers bda :beerbang:

That dreaded 1020 number, I'd be getting a sanitised spoon cracking the lid and trying to get the yeast excited again.
No matter what the yeast, 1020 is too high I wouldn't bottle anything above 1014...unless it started at 1080 or something silly like that.
Thanks for the idea mika, I will attack it now :super:

Back