Chilling a keg to serving temp in a pool?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talco92

Reaction score
Don't have a beer fridge yet, but have a keg ready to go. Anyone tried this?
The pool would be around 10-12 deg at the moment (probably), is this alright for a pale ale? Obviously serving temperatures would differ according to individual preference, but would it affect foaming/beer line resistance or anything?

Never kegged before so no experience with draft line set ups and calculating resistance.

my pools at 30 deg today so wont work for me... i,m just about at the end of my "swim season" and turning off the heating for "winter" soon :)

interesting idea

if you have a flow control tap i reckon you "could" or try to figure out the length of line needed
you will notice beer line and gas leaks pretty easy :)

talco92 said:
The pool would be around 10-12 deg at the moment (probably), is this alright for a pale ale?
Um......your minimums have only just reached 12 degrees talco. The past few days have been 12-18 degrees. the forecast is 10-24 tomorrow, 14-24 on Tuesday. Unless you have the pool refrigerated you might be struggling to get 12 degrees.

If you were in England they might be interested in 15 degree beer.....us Skippies like it a bit cooler than that.

One of these and a few bags of ice

16346.jpg

Back