Cheats Cheats Cheats

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Squire

Reaction score
Friggin cheats.... :angry:

image0014.gif

Call me unAustralian, but I thought it was harsh but fair.

I heard that an Australian was arrested for assulting and Italian fan after the match.

Witnesses said the Aussie was atleast 20m away and the italian suffered a fractured skull, cardiac arrest and as a result developed diabetes.....

He should recover in a few minutes!!!!

Saw a clip on seven sunrise the other day showing the Italians at practice actually practicing taking dives.What a sad thing that this is even allowes in soccer.

Call me unAustralian, but I thought it was harsh but fair.

Murray, I would agree with you if it wasnt given at a point in the match when there was no come-back. Surely that ref should have been thinking "Well here is a complete darkhorse that has managed to keep Italy, One of the best teams in the world at bay and now in the final 5 seconds.....THE FINAL 5 SECONDS, should I award a penalty to a team renown for diving.....right in front of their goal?"

mmmmm. I wonder.

In truth, Australia missed their chance to score in the 1/2 hour we had a one man advantage. We were probably not favourites to win a penalty shoot out............but at least we would have been given a sporting chance.

I guess thats what Australians are finding so hard to swallow. Not that we lost but how and the fact that we were not given a sporting chance.

Imagine if that penalty had not been given. There was a CHANCE that Australia would have stood proud next to Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina, England, Portugal and Ukraine in the Top Eight. A place we were not expected to be. Now that to me typifies the Australian spirit.

Further more, our next match would have been Ukraine...........

Oh well, the milk has been spilt I guess and at least we left with respect.

ATOMT :party:

Excellent summation of the event, ATOMT

Couldn't have said it better

Go Australia!

Go Deutschland!

Excellent summation of the event, ATOMT

Couldn't have said it better

Go Australia!

Go Deutschland!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They've done it again. Italy have beaten Germany in the 30 minutes extra time.

WOOOOOE WOE WOE AAAARGH!

Stuff this crap about Italy winning the world cup will make us virtual runners up.....I WANT THEM TO LOSE!

Do you think I (we) are bitter about that penalty? :(

Also. That could have been us.....maybe.

ATOMT

A couple I've received with a bit more photoshopping :p

Doc

ZidaneCriticalHit.gif

ZidanePowerUp.gif

Latest posts

Back