Cheap Gas At Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news (I've been away) but I refilled a gas bottle today and Bunnings (in Melbourne at least) have dropped their prices from $28 to $19.95 for 9 kg refills for 2 months (apparently price point matching with a competitor). The price is down for all quantities (about $2.20 a kg).

heh heh find out who their competitor is and go there! ensuring that the 2 month discount stays..

I get my 9kg refills for $17 :) used to be $15 but they went up :(

can anyone confirm this for sydney.?
my bottle is near empty.. would definately be worth the extra 4 minute drive to save the $10.05...

I get mine refilled at a servo on princes highway in Kogarah (North lane) for $13.99!, there are two close together, (just past presidents avenue) first is 14.99 , second is 13.99)

Silly question, but can you take one of the Swap and Go bottles and get it refilled yourself anywhere? The Mitre 10 about 5 minutes from my place refills for $19.

Cheers.

I get mine refilled at a servo on princes highway in Kogarah (North lane) for $13.99!, there are two close together, (just past presidents avenue) first is 14.99 , second is 13.99)

And I thought my regular price of $21.00 was cheap or dear, depending on which way you look at it....

BYB

Silly question, but can you take one of the Swap and Go bottles and get it refilled yourself anywhere? The Mitre 10 about 5 minutes from my place refills for $19.

Cheers.

yep for sure, you essentially own the bottle.

$32!!!!????
I knew they gouge you for snacks and drinks but that is honestly insane!

I've paid $39.95 on australia day @ my local caltex, when the bbq gas ran out.
after that i investigated my options vowing never to run out of gas again
because i knew it was going to cost me an arm and a leg, now i pay $0 for
my refills :D

I saw a Bunnings Cattledog today that said they will deliver a 9Kg Bottle to your door refill job for $25
(i think it was $25) 7 days a week next day delivery !

I thought ,not bloody bad eh ! i guess there must be a big demand these days for bottled gas.
Handy if you have left the gas as your last thought for your brew day,so order it the day before and you will be 'cookin with gas' !
:p

I saw a Bunnings Cattledog today that said they will deliver a 9Kg Bottle to your door refill job for $25
(i think it was $25) 7 days a week next day delivery !

I thought ,not bloody bad eh ! i guess there must be a big demand these days for bottled gas.
Handy if you have left the gas as your last thought for your brew day,so order it the day before and you will be 'cookin with gas' !
:p

ive seen that, but i think u need to pay by credit card which kills the deal for those of us who dont like credit.

*wanders off mumbling "damn banks..."

$17.50 Mitre 10 Narrelan( near Camden) for a 9kg refill

but i think u need to pay by credit card which kills the deal for those of us who dont like credit.
check out the debit/credit cards

heh heh find out who their competitor is and go there! ensuring that the 2 month discount stays..

So true. I got caught out at my local Bunnings the other week. The price for a refill had been ~$15 for soo long, I just went into the store and organised for a refill, and almost feinted when I was told that the cost was $31 something. After the fill I found out that the Rays outdoors nearby was $15 for a fill. If I had have known at the time, I could have asked for a price match and only have paid $13.50 with the 10% price match thingy. Keep the businesses (Bunnings) honest I say.

Cheers :)

Ive got one, and dont like the $6 a month fees....

youre getting ripped big time.. i pay 2.50 a month for mine from my local credit union, not known to be the cheapest in town either

Latest posts

Back