Cheap Eskies At Bcf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewn00b

Reaction score
Hi,
Thought I'd give people a heads up that BCF have some cheap Frostbite brand eskies at the moment. You have to join their members club but that is free and can be done online. They have 46L square based one for $44 and 43L rectangular one for $49.
I was also wondering if people have any pros/cons of square based eskies vs the rectangular ones.
http://www.bcf.com.au/club-bcf/club-specials-october-2.aspx
Cheers.

I was also wondering if people have any pros/cons of square based eskies vs the rectangular ones.

Mine is a square footprint but it is taller than it is square. It's a 38lt Coleman. I love it. Works really well, find it holds the temp perfectly as the extra depth of the grain bed retains more heat than if it was spread out. I lose very little precious sugary goodies that i can't get out of the tun, and it drains beautifully.

However, i did pay a bit for it. Reckon it was in the vicinity of $105 or something. It's now a discontinued model i'm led to believe. Had a mate looking for one just like mine and he was told they no longer do it.

Have never used a rectangular esky as a tun so i can't comment on that.

Are there any good tutorials out there on converting an esky to a tun?

Back