Cheap Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slurpdog

Reaction score
Hi all
Just to let those know who may be interested, Kmart here in NSW are having a massive sale, and currently the Willow brand cubes are down to $16.50 for the 20L version.
Grabbed 3 from the Casula store and not many left either.

Cheers
Slurpdog

Hi all
Just to let those know who may be interested, Kmart here in NSW are having a massive sale, and currently the Willow brand cubes are down to $16.50 for the 20L version.
Grabbed 3 from the Casula store and not many left either.

Cheers
Slurpdog

Are these Esky's for mashing and/or carrying ice and beer?

try they are for ccing and storage beer

Are these Esky's for mashing and/or carrying ice and beer?
Cubes are the blue square "water can" you see at the link below.
Some prefer the cubes while others prefer the higher slimmer kind. I've been using the "camper" style because they are easy to clean and I happened to have a few around.
http://www.willow.com.au/frame_prcarrycan.html

The cubes I bought for $16.50 were the slimmer, taller type. No. 1679 in the link provided by Thunder lips.
Being taller and thinner you can fit more into a fridge for cc'ing

Lads, please excuse my ignorance but what is cc'ing? I was initally interest because you may be casking real ale with them.

cold conditioning

Do a search and you should find a bunch of info regarding ccing.

Sloth.

Low tech answer: Cubes are simply containers in a convenient size made of food grade material and are good for keeping your beer in while waiting for empty kegs or bottles, freeing up fermenters.

Thanks for that, I now get it. Brewing have reasonable knowledge of, computers??? I still think threads are what you wear down the pub :)

Very clever us of other equipment. I used something similar to do CC on a lager but I haven't heard it called cold conditioning.

Being more of an Ale person, I have thought of putting some in the Willow 5 litre drink dispencer but I wondered about priming and if it would handle much.

Back