Chappo's Bogan, Brew, Beer And Boobs Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chappo, Just got permission from the wife, lock me in, I can put my chef skills to the test.

Have we got a list of beers to be brewed on the day. I am still trying to decide what to brew, I was thinking I could brew up the chrissy in July brew once I decide on a recipe.

Brad

Clean brewer and I are doing the Dogfish head 90minute IPA I feel sorry for the man he"s doin the hop additions 14grams every 7mins for a 90 min boil.

Clean brewer and I are doing the Dogfish head 90minute IPA I feel sorry for the man he"s doin the hop additions 14grams every 7mins for a 90 min boil.

Sounds great Sav! Can't wait to see the improvements/refinements on the Battered Sav brewery :super:
Still can't believe you traded in the ute <_< but it did have a dodgy clutch :ph34r:

Hey did you get that beersmith hoodoo sorted?

All sorted andrew helped me out , Are you sure your going to have enough power on the day or are you stealing it from next door. B)

Are you sure your going to have enough power on the day or are you stealing it from next door. B)

;) You da smartest man here Sav. I was wondering who would guess that one first. Should have known you would think of that. :icon_cheers:

We will be pulling power from 2 points next door and 3 points from my shed. I reckon we will be fine this year.

All hinging on the co-pilot, though he has given a provisional thumbs up, this is what we will be doing

Recipe: Queenslander!
Brewer: Schooey
Asst Brewer: El Hefe (maybe :unsure:) or Sandra Bullock
Style: Porter/stout special
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (110.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 35.00 L
Boil Size: 45.68 L
Estimated OG: 1.080 SG
Estimated Color: 111.7 EBC
Estimated IBU: 56.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.50 kg Pale Malt, Halcyon (Thomas Fawcett) (5.9 EGrain 72.34 %
1.50 kg Crystal Extra Dark - 120L (Crisp) (236.4 EGrain 12.77 %
0.60 kg Chocolate Wheat (Weyermann) (817.6 EBC) Grain 5.11 %
0.35 kg Black Malt (Thomas Fawcett) (1300.2 EBC) Grain 2.98 %
0.35 kg Chocolate Malt (886.5 EBC) Grain 2.98 %
30.00 gm Warrior [15.00 %] (75 min) Hops 27.5 IBU
25.00 gm Northern Brewer [8.50 %] (60 min) Hops 12.4 IBU
25.00 gm Northern Brewer [8.50 %] (30 min) Hops 9.5 IBU
30.00 gm Cascade [6.70 %] (15 min) Hops 5.8 IBU
30.00 gm Cascade [6.70 %] (2 min) Hops 1.0 IBU
4.00 gm Calcium Chloride (Mash 90.0 min) Misc
3.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 90.0 min) Misc
5.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Boil 90.0 min) Misc
0.45 kg Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (Day 2 of ferment) Sugar 3.83 %

Mash Schedule: My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 11.30 kg
----------------------------
My Mash
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
90 min mash in Add 33.90 L of water at 73.8 C 68.0 C

To be fermented with the new WY Pacman strain

;) You da smartest man here Sav. I was wondering who would guess that one first. Should have known you would think of that. :icon_cheers:

We will be pulling power from 2 points next door and 3 points from my shed. I reckon we will be fine this year.

Mines ok I have wired control box with 2 leads I can just use a separate point.
I will bring 2 heavy leads. :beerbang:

The strippers are all sorted :lol:

bogan_pride_8.jpg

Since Franko can't get his "Red Rocket" Brewery up for the day, we'll be brewing him a Bear Republic Red Rocket Amber Ale to take home in a cube :)

Hopefully will have some left in the shop keg to bring on the day for sampling.

+++

Kegging 5 beers today, so should have a good choice to bring.

cheers Ross

P.S. Great to see you making the trip Schooey, this event is growing bigger than Ben Hur. You better send the Missus away for the weekend Chap Chap... B)

P.S. Great to see you making the trip Schooey, this event is growing bigger than Ben Hur. You better send the Missus away for the weekend Chap Chap... B)

I hear you Ross been trying every trick in the book but she won't budge. She reckons she needs to "Guard the house". Tried trips to see friends interstate to shopping trip away in Melbourne with Mrs Sully. No dice! <_< She senses somethings up I am sure of it! I mean come on what damage can 30 odd brewers really do in one day? Although I get the feeling she may not totally trust me and she's more worried about me than any guests. :rolleyes:

Well I reckon I will close this up say on Friday night and call final numbers as there a fair bit of food etc to organise for the day. So if your wanting to come now is the time to commit or pull out.

Cheers

Chap Chap

Ok Guys time to finalise the arrangements. I'll PM everyone with Address, details, contact number and bank details etc for the day. Would appreciate if we could all pay up front so that the shopping burden is so much on me and it's nice and smooth.

Food wise what's on offer you ask? Well I have decided to combine all the food requirements into a simple package deal. $25 per head regardless if you are there for all the meals. It just seemed a lot easier on me to do it the way. So that will cover:

Lunch on Saturday: Simple Sausage Sizzle in a bun with caramelised onions.

Dinner on Saturday: Mexicana Feast with all the trimmings. Taco's, Enchilada's, Beritto's with salads, sauces and choice of chicken and or beef. Pizza's and Chicken wings with different herbs and spices via the most excellent work of Sqyre and his puffing billy smoker/cooker. (Bruce I have firewood at the ready so need to stress this time!)

Breakfast/Recovery on Sunday: Big Big BIG Breakfast with eggs, sausages, bacon and hash browns plus Left Overs form the night before. Plenty of grease to mop the alcohol and make a weary brewer all better again.

So if this meets with everyone's approval then I'll start organising it.

Cheers

Chappo

Sounds great Chap Chap but will the Saturday lunch be an extended one for those who cannot resist the temptation to call in at CraftBrewer on the way down?
BTW. That stripper looks a bit like my missus did 30 years ago. Stripper is prettier but & without the hairy legs & warts on her nose.

T

Sounds great Chap Chap but will the Saturday lunch be an extended one for those who cannot resist the temptation to call in at CraftBrewer on the way down?
BTW. That stripper looks a bit like my missus did 30 years ago. Stripper is prettier but & without the hairy legs & warts on her nose.

T

Pete,
Knowing the way that these days are like herding cats. I would think that the arrangement will almost an afternoon long BBQ where those that rock up can be pointed to the BBQ, snags and rolls and sort them self out. The evening will be organised obviously.

Looking forward to having a beer with you and your travel companion mate so don't hang around Crafties too long! Pete I have a spot reserved for your keg organised.

Cheers

Chap Chap

I now have the Sat night free so please COUNT ME IN Chappo, I can't miss out on this shindig!

My old man is racing formula ford at lakeside the weekend of the party so looks like a big weekend.

Also my bro in law (and me) is desperate to see the Shiny brewing sculptures in action, should be a sight.

I have Bogan clothes at the ready and some nice fake cologne type beer. :chug:

Looking forward to having a beer with you and your travel companion mate so don't hang around Crafties too long! Pete I have a spot reserved for your keg organised.
Cheers
Chap Chap

Thanks mate. :beer: Looking forward to this one & am considering turning up in Beach Bogan. :p

T

Back