Celli Geo50 icebank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have an icebank chiller, and use it with a flooded font. Recently the agitator/recirc pump got unplugged due to a minor leak near the font and shortly after I got told not to run it without that. So I had the icebank off for a couple of days. The I fixed the leak ,set it all up again and turned it back on and plugged the recirc pump back in. I didn't think anything of it but after an hour I noticed the font still wasn't icing over. The top of the pump felt super hot. Then I looked inside and realised the ice bank hadn't melted over the couple of days so I think the pump hasn't beeen able to operate as its iced over and its overheated. I defrosted whole icebank and refillled with water and tried again and I can feel the pump doing something but not water is coming out the outlet for the flooded font. Has anyone changed one of these pumps before? Also can I just keep running the system without the recirc pump and let it fully form an icebank again?

Cheers

Hi there,
I have an icebank chiller, and use it with a flooded font. Recently the agitator/recirc pump got unplugged due to a minor leak near the font and shortly after I got told not to run it without that. So I had the icebank off for a couple of days. The I fixed the leak ,set it all up again and turned it back on and plugged the recirc pump back in. I didn't think anything of it but after an hour I noticed the font still wasn't icing over. The top of the pump felt super hot. Then I looked inside and realised the ice bank hadn't melted over the couple of days so I think the pump hasn't beeen able to operate as its iced over and its overheated. I defrosted whole icebank and refillled with water and tried again and I can feel the pump doing something but not water is coming out the outlet for the flooded font. Has anyone changed one of these pumps before? Also can I just keep running the system without the recirc pump and let it fully form an icebank again?

Cheers

The pump is pretty easy to replace. Just remove the in and out lines going to the font then a couple screws to remove the the motor. KegLand have replacement motors, but probably best to confirm with them it will fit your chiller (95% sure the larger one will)

Are you running beer through the icebank or only using to chill the font?

The pump is pretty easy to replace. Just remove the in and out lines going to the font then a couple screws to remove the the motor. KegLand have replacement motors, but probably best to confirm with them it will fit your chiller (95% sure the larger one will)

Are you running beer through the icebank or only using to chill the font?
Yeah 3 x beer lines in use too. I chatted to the guy from Bracton who said that without the agitator it shouldn't completely freeze over meaning the thermostat might be faulty too. Do you know how to test that?

Yeah 3 x beer lines in use too. I chatted to the guy from Bracton who said that without the agitator it shouldn't completely freeze over meaning the thermostat might be faulty too. Do you know how to test that?
I don't unfortunately. But sounds like you do know the pump needs replaced so I would start there before also replacing the thermostat. Just do it when you can keep a watchful eye on it so you don't kill another pump.

Alternatively I'm sure Bracton could refer you to someone to repair it. But likely wouldn't be cheap.

Latest posts

Back