Cat Got Your Tongue ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there's also a law that charges the victim of a hit & run if they happen to cross the road at a non-designated crossing. Damn ******* ruined my duco, and now he's going to pay ! (as soon as his prosthetic legs are fitted and he gets back into the workforce)

You`ll probably have a win there, he won`t have a leg to stand on. :(

stagga.

But I must say that since the infamous event, this place has become like the carpark of a school at pick-up time...not really what I come here for.

So what do you go to school car-parks for ? Butter-Boys ? :eek:

Katie, the Beerlao was great, very difficult to avoid drinking shitloads per day when its at every cafe, restaurant, roadside stand, village store, and always ice cold for around $2 a bottle (660ml). Didnt go to the plains, preferring instead to soak up the 'happy times' in Vang Vieng with my partner - whilst my poor buddies tried valiantly to get to the plains, first his plane was cancelled, then the bus broke down, followed by refusal by drivers to take them from Phonsavan to the first site. So Im really glad I went from the Bokeo Forest (living in treehouses and zip-lining above the jungle canopy, which is pretty intense), then to Luang Prabang, and of course the wonderfully relaxing time at Vang Vieng with a few very tasty fruit shakes. ;)

So what do you go to school car-parks for ? Butter-Boys ? :eek:

Katie, the Beerlao was great, very difficult to avoid drinking shitloads per day when its at every cafe, restaurant, roadside stand, village store, and always ice cold for around $2 a bottle (660ml). Didnt go to the plains, preferring instead to soak up the 'happy times' in Vang Vieng with my partner - whilst my poor buddies tried valiantly to get to the plains, first his plane was cancelled, then the bus broke down, followed by refusal by drivers to take them from Phonsavan to the first site. So Im really glad I went from the Bokeo Forest (living in treehouses and zip-lining above the jungle canopy, which is pretty intense), then to Luang Prabang, and of course the wonderfully relaxing time at Vang Vieng with a few very tasty fruit shakes. ;)

totally envious

totally envious

Bloody Hell, don't envy me, if you want to do it, just book a flight, tell your boss you're taking leave and DO IT !

FYI we got there and back for around $700.00 each via Tulla & KL, it would be so much cheaper flying from Perth (to KL for example). Check AirAsia X.

EDIT: WOW, I just looked at AirasiaX, you can fly from Perth to KL for $90 each way, and from KL to Laos for $72.00 each way. That's outstanding - if I were in Perth I'de be flying to Asia once a month for debaucherous long weekends LOL.

Bloody Hell, don't envy me, if you want to do it, just book a flight, tell your boss you're taking leave and DO IT !

FYI we got there and back for around $700.00 each via Tulla & KL, it would be so much cheaper flying from Perth (to KL for example). Check AirAsia X.

Yeah yeah I dont really envy YOU.. LOL! I do have 3 months long service leave...

Not so easy for me to that gosh I wish I could! Laos I have not done but the rest of SE Asia I have (i was once kid free)... with that zip line in Bokeo Forest is that safe for a 7 year old?

Sorry guys I know this is totally of topic... :)

You can't expect a thread to stay on-topic in the off-topic forum! :)

I want some taquitos.

I want some taquitos.

I want a side order of STOP BANGING ON ABOUT THE INCIDENT with mine. Can I have some extra Off-topic with that too? :lol:

Let's get back to making/enjoying beer like Katie said. :D

Electric ant (Wasmannia auropunctata)

ElectricAnts-PaddlePopStick-250.JPG

Peanut butter on a paddle pop stick is an effective lure to the tiny electric ants

Let's get back to making/enjoying beer like Katie said. :D

Not here you bloody well won't, this is the 'Off Topic' section. Take your beer talk elsewhere :lol:

You can't expect a thread to stay on-topic in the off-topic forum! :)

oh drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Well I was trying to keep to the off topic subject... Adam have your thought of being a mod?

oh drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Well I was trying to keep to the off topic subject... Adam have your thought of being a mod?

I think there's a minimum height requirement.

Hahaha... I'm much taller in my Stilettos.

Not here you bloody well won't, this is the 'Off Topic' section. Take your beer talk elsewhere :lol:

ah ha ha ha :lol:
beat me to it. and anybody that doesn`t like the conversation can bugger off elsewhere and check their final gravities or talk to jamil or whatever they do over there.

stagga.

so can i fit a kitten into my airlock or not? pass the beer to the left and side

What an opportunity......take `em all out the back, put `em in a bag and drown the lot.
Then never mention kittens again on the forum.

stagga.

Not so easy for me to that gosh I wish I could! Laos I have not done but the rest of SE Asia I have (i was once kid free)... with that zip line in Bokeo Forest is that safe for a 7 year old?

Ah yes, the slavery of parenthood. So glad my hands & feet aren't bound by such matters, and that I can travel to my heart's content (wallet and job slavery permitting).

7-year old aren't banned from the experience, as far as I know. But some points to consider, you are staying in very high treehouses (several hundred feet) with absolutely no way out except a steel cable. As for all the other zip-lines, they are also as high, being above the forest canopy, literally, and often span to 1/2 a kilometre long across canyons. Then there's the momentum issue, unless your kid is a lardarse, she won't make it all the way on some of the lines because she just won't gather enough speed to quite get to the end (it's a dumb design fault, but on some of them, only the larger of the team made it, in fact too well, crashing into trees at the end), and in mid-air, will have to spin in the opposite direction, then pully herself up to the ending platforms with her arms. This is very hard work after you have been trekking for four hours per day for three days in a bamboo forest and eating questionable hill-tribe food.

So yea, it can be done, and if she's into bare-bones adventure, then she will love it. But you need to know that there's no backing out once you get into the reserve. The nearest town is, at any given time, a 4 hour hike to the central village base camp, then a 2 hour dirt-track barely fit for a 4WD (but done in a small open backed truck - dusty as f*ck!) and another 1 hour by sealed road to civilisation and cold Beerlao.

Topic, what topic ? We should just make this the ultimate leads-anywhere thread. Util it gets locked or siphoned.

And I think Bribie's trying to say something about a big bunch of pussies.

a few of the locals pose coyly for the camera.
Monkey%20Palm%20Tree%20Toile%20on%20Cream.jpg

stagga.
and yes, let the thread take us anywhere, it`s not doing any harm and it`s in "off topic" :lol:

umm yeah does not sound like a great idea though she would love it! but that sounds like a fantastic experience... I have heard Laos is very dusty... and quite layed back...

I'm lucky enough of travelled alot before I had a child and done a little since but no hitch hiking backpacking stuff like I have done. I missed Laos... My feet are itchy for Cambodia again it would be good to see how its changed in 11 years since Ive being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back