Castle Hill Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great weekend. Thanks to all judges and stewards who came along to help out. It'd be good to see some photos from the weekend up here.

I've attached the results sheet.

Barry - you've done it again. Wonderful beers as usual. Brewing with Wayward for you.

Michael Clarke - well done on Best in Show. I'll be in touch with you soon to work out the details of the conical along with Barleyman.

I'll be emailing this out to entrants along with score sheets this week with certificates/ribbons/prizes to follow on after that.

View attachment Castle Hill Comp Results 2015.pdf

A great weekend with a bunch of good blokes (& you too Bek)!!

Stu - congrats on another superbly run comp - you've got this down to a fine art!

Well done to Barry and Michael on their wonderful beers and richly deserved results.

And a big thanks to all the sponsors. Nick at Barleyman deserves our special appreciation for his generous support - get behind him guys!

Congrats to those who did well. Sent a few in the mail a couple of weeks back...went to look on the results and seems though Australia post have ruined my fun. Bastards probably smashed them everywhere
Live and learn

Cheers to all involved, especially Stu, huge amount of work involved and it's ran smoothly once again! And thanks to the sponsors!

Quite happy with my results, the little Altbier that could keeps kicking goals!

Great to see a very high standard across the board, gotta say, when you're scoring 39's and above and still coming in midfield, it's a bloody tough comp with some quality beers kicking around!

And a big cheers Stu for spicing things up and using the 'new' style guidelines. Certainly made me rethink a lot of my methods and recipes, which made for a really fun, if difficult, twist.

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks again Stu for all you fine coordination, that’s a lot of work to make that happen, sorry I couldn’t help out this year. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well done again Barry, great form once again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And well done to Michael Clarke, 8500 runs, 28 test century’s and now a Best in Show. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Might be time to trade in your bat, but make sure you keep that mash paddle in hand.[/SIZE]

Thanks all, I had fun couple of days stewarding.

It was an eye opener watching the judges in action, there's a lot more to it than I thought.

Looking forward to next year.

steve

Congratulations to all the category winners, and a special congrats to Barry and Michael!

Michael, I'll be in touch through Stu about your shiny new SS Chronical! I hope you have a big fridge ;)

barls said:
look forward to trying at the next isb meeting mate
Some got to try it at the last one, held at Wayward. Pulled straight from the fermenter that morning!
Will try to get to next week's too.

Nick R said:
Congratulations to all the category winners, and a special congrats to Barry and Michael!

Michael, I'll be in touch through Stu about your shiny new SS Chronical! I hope you have a big fridge ;)
I have been looking on ebay...

A massive thanks to Stu, Judges, Stewards and others from Castle Hill Comp for running things so smoothly. Very quick posting of results as well, thanks heaps. Entered 6 beers and the three I was less hopeful about ended up placing when the others did not, go figure. That Broken Hill water might not be that bad after all.

Thanks again to all involved.

Received my scores sheets via email this morning, how good is that!
thanks Stu, appreciate the extra effort to distribute this way

Has anyone who placed in Pale Lagers or Mead/Cider that were both sponsored by Rocks Brewing Co. received the prizes that were mentioned in the flyer ?

Latest posts

Back