Castle Hill Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had an IPA brewed to session strength (it's 1.053 OG, 1.014 FG, at 5.1%ABV) would I lump it into the 5C Specialty IPA category? Or would it be 5B American IPA, but specify it as session strength?

Just a reminder that our comp is on very soon now. You still have all week to post in your entries, take them in to the brewshops (Dave's, the Brewshop, Barleyman). Alternatively you can drop them off at the Castle Hill showground next week between 10 and 2.

Don't forgot that conical that Barleyman has kindly put up there as the main prize. Plus good feedback from the judges. Good luck to all. :super:

Just a reminder to do the online form if you are entering beers http://goo.gl/forms/m4ccyovkcI

And for those thinking of coming along to get involved as judges or stewards, could you please fill out the form here http://goo.gl/forms/Zdcepfhx3b

And if you are thinking of stewarding etc, just do it. It's a fun day (or half a day if that's all you can make) and you get the chance to talk beer and drink some. What more do you want? :p

Stuster said:
Just a reminder to do the online form if you are entering beers http://goo.gl/forms/m4ccyovkcI

And for those thinking of coming along to get involved as judges or stewards, could you please fill out the form here http://goo.gl/forms/Zdcepfhx3b

And if you are thinking of stewarding etc, just do it. It's a fun day (or half a day if that's all you can make) and you get the chance to talk beer and drink some. What more do you want? :p
Hey Stu

I submitted the form for stewarding a few weeks back, will you let us know what pavilion it wil be in?

cheers

steve

drive straight up the road and its the one at the end that has the show office in it.
it will be the one with all the cars around it and people gathering around it.
I've never noticed a name on the building.

It's called the Federation Pavillion but that doesn't really help much. I'll send out more info for judges/stewards at the weekend.

Finally sorted my entries and I'll be dropping them off tomorrow. Tell you what, narrowing 11 beers down to 3 entries for category 3. British, Irish, Commonwealth was a challenge this afternoon, after all, have to fully taste test, don't I? :)

Wish I could pop in to help out, alas, working bloody nightshift all weekend :(

Just trying to fill in the electronic form. On the paper guide American IPA doesn't have a sub style number it is just

Category 5
Style B and no sub style.

The electronic form has it marked as a required box to fill in. How do I go about this?

Cheers

I think that's a good solution for now. I'm on the way home now and will look at this as soon as I can.

Perfect timing to remind everyone that you need to get those beers in today or tomorrow. Great prizes this year.

Yep, can you just put in i for those categories where there is only one sub-style in there. It shouldn't matter in fact and it's the only option that works within the form unfortunately. It's a fairly simple form but it does save me a fair bit of work.

I just left it blank for my Specialty IPA entry, didn't have any issues submitting the form.

Looking forward to seeing how my beers fit these new styles, should be an interesting comp!

Thanks guys, yeah I just submitted 2 entries in the American IPA Style. On the electronic form Entry Number 1 sub style was a required field so I just put i. For entry Number 2 however the sub style wasn't marked as a required field so I just left it blank. With all the other info points I'm sure it won't be problem. Thanks again.

Cheers

Dan

Day after tomorrow for the comp. Looking forward to it. Wonder who's going to get that conical? :icon_drool2:

Anyone from Newie region need a lift to the comp?

More importantly, is there anyone attending the comp who can pick up a CO2 bottle for me from Kingsford, and deliver it on the weekend?
I bought the bottle a while back via AHB, but have not yet collected it. Was hoping for this weekend...

Cheers, team!
Les

I'm there now if you can call me in the next few minutes.

Latest posts

Back