Cascade Golden Harvest Lager Kit Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz91379

Reaction score
So I recently picked up a can of Cascade Golden Harvest Lager on sale and was wondering what would be the best thing to do with it.
I was thinking maybe.

1 KG light malt
500 G Honey
20G Cascade Hops (dry hopped)

Don't know if that's a horrible idea or not but thought it might be an interesting start. Any suggestions?

So I recently picked up a can of Cascade Golden Harvest Lager on sale and was wondering what would be the best thing to do with it.
I was thinking maybe.

1 KG light malt
500 G Honey
20G Cascade Hops (dry hopped)

Don't know if that's a horrible idea or not but thought it might be an interesting start. Any suggestions?

Would Hallertau, Saaz, or Tettnan hops be a better idea?

Would Hallertau, Saaz, or Tettnan hops be a better idea?

Dry hopping later in fermentation with Cascade should be O.K. as it will give a good aroma and only add a very small amount of citrusy flavours. ( Not a lager aroma though ).

Probably a good idea to get the mods to shift this to Kits and Extracts Section you will get more responses.

Ended up buying hallertau hopefully it works out. When should i dry hop? Can i just chuck in the pellets after the first week and wait another week before bottling?

Ended up buying hallertau hopefully it works out. When should i dry hop? Can i just chuck in the pellets after the first week and wait another week before bottling?

Wait till high krausen has passed (foam on the top) roughly 1020 grav and generally day 4 or 5 of fermentation. Just chuck 'em in they will drop to the bottom along with the yeast.

Cheers

Chappo

Back