Carbonation Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already use hops admittedly the ones the guy advices for my next dark ale will probably add some grain to it as well.

G,day DC82,

Its good your trying a few things and I'm not the most experienced brewer, but as a thought, when I first started with kits after a few I was rather disapointed and a little disillusioned.
A big step forward for me was a trip to Grumpy's (Adelaide) and having a go at some of their masterbrews, it was really the first time I started to make anything like a decent beer.
I had done a few kits from some of the the brands you mentioned and had been following advice from my local HBS, but the masterbrews were a real step forward and the main impetus behind my moving on to AG brewing.

I'm not trying to plug Grumpy's specifically its just happens to be the path I went down. I noticed your from sydney so I dont know what the good brew shops are there, but people on this forum will know.

I remember Dave Stewart when he still had Goliaths asked me once "Would you still be brewing if all you ever knew was kits?"
I had to answer no.
First time I ever went to his shop I walked out about a hour later with a kilo of grain and hope! (God bless him!)

Hey guys - this is an old thread, but do all malt brews take longer in primary?

Latest posts

Back