Canadian Brunette

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevbass

Reaction score
Recently I asked for advice on improving a simple 'Supermarket Goo'.

I have to thank everyone for their help and input, as the end result has been my best home-brew to date.

For anyone interested I have listed the recipe,

I can of Canadian Blond

500 grams of liquid malt

500 grams of dex

Saflager S-23 yeast

25 grams of hops (Sorry I forgot whay type, I'll check next time at the brew shop)

Body, mouthfeel and good solid taste. Still happy to experiment, so I was wondering if any of you would consider adding honey or maple syrup or something similar on top of this!! If so, how much, and what would this add to the overall taste??

I have to thank everyone for their help and input, as the end result has been my best home-brew to date.

I will vouch for this. Bloody top drop! Best home brew I've ever tasted :icon_drunk:

'Nev the bass player said:

I can of Canadian Blond

500 grams of liquid malt

500 grams of dex

Saflager S-23 yeast

25 grams of hops (Sorry I forgot whay type, I'll check next time at the brew shop)

It gunna be my new regular brew from now on :beerbang:

Still happy to experiment, so I was wondering if any of you would consider adding honey or maple syrup or something similar on top of this!! If so, how much, and what would this add to the overall taste??

Congratulations on your success, i have done a few canadian blonde brews, mainly with 500g Dextrose 100g Maltodextrin 400g Light dried malt and a couple of cascade hop T-bags Beautiful drop! Brewing 1 now with 500g of aussie honey and 250g crystal. Cant wait to taste this one!

Sounds like a good brew.

Let me know how it goes, I'm interested in experimenting with this one!!

Just two weeks ago I bottled a Canadian Blonde. I used the goo, Coopers BE1 and late additions of Amarillo, pitched dry s-05 yeast at 22 deg and brewed at around 18 - 20 deg using wet towel method (all I had at the time)

I have to say, I never usually bother trying beers so close after bottling, but this one tasted great out of the fermenter. Two weeks in and I cant stop. Loverly fruity flavours, my mates love it, the missus loves it!!! Onto a winner for sure and I may just throw one of these down from time to time to keep the boss happy!

Great stuff. Will hold onto half the batch and wait to see what they taste like in a few months, but for now, I cannot believe how good they taste!

Tyler

I did this kit and I too had good results! My recipe was:
1 can coopers canadian Blonde
1 Kilo MHB Malt + ( A Malt blend with 10% wheat malt )
20g galaxy to dry hop

Fantastic brew will do again when i get around to it good reviews from all the crew.

g'day - out of interest, what type of liquid malt did you use?
cheers

Recently I asked for advice on improving a simple 'Supermarket Goo'.

I can of Canadian Blond

500 grams of liquid malt

500 grams of dex

Saflager S-23 yeast

Body, mouthfeel and good solid taste. Still happy to experiment, so I was wondering if any of you would consider adding honey or maple syrup or something similar on top of this!! If so, how much, and what would this add to the overall taste??

g'day - out of interest, what type of liquid malt did you use?
cheers

Sorry for such a late reply!!

Not sure on the malt. My local brew shop sells it packaged.

I'll ask him next time I'm in. I have one in the system at the moment with Saunders Malt Extract fom Coles. I'll let you know how that goes as well.

I'm a big fan of keeping it simple. I have experimented with a lot of different goo cans. I still prefer the Canadian, but I'm using more and more malt, hops and better yeasts with little to no dextrose.

My last one had amarillo hops, no dex and 250 grams of corn syrup. Different taste again but really good!!

Finding the low temperatures are creating a much better brew too!!

Back