Calling All Sparky's (electrics) Need Help With Simple Schematics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate what you have done for me, I'm having limitations with understanding the whole diagram though. Does this mean I have to re-wire my temp controller unit? Or will this work directly out of the flat panel mount female sockets for cooling / heating. Sorry, I've never messed with diagrams like that. It's all a bit of a jumble for me ha.

you can modify it to suit the sockets. Will update the drawing for you.

Thanks bud

I definitely owe ya one haha

This should do the job, standard wiring to plugs, you will however need to run a seperate power into your case for the atx supply. Remember for the relays you need to make the connections on the Normally Open side (N/O) to switch the 12V supply otherwise, when the controller is in a state of not heating or not cooling both relays would be trying to switch the power through and since they swap the polarity they will short out.

Temp_CTRL_V2.JPG

A quick progress update for anyone who is interested. Last week of construction, nearly there. Just need to clamp and glue the whole thing and give it a stain and some glass door. Also have a brushed aluminum panel to cover all of the electronics. The system works a beaut, when cold is on the large fan glows blue, when it's heating the smaller fan glows red.

301217_2270651015979_1539738783_32427578_5967202_n.jpg

299057_2270650015954_1539738783_32427576_2593069_n.jpg

309267_2270650335962_1539738783_32427577_4397421_n.jpg

As you can see if you followed earlier in the thread the design layout has been altered slightly with the cooling and heating components on opposite sides to the original idea. This allowed me to attach a very large heatsink to the peltier with a fan drawing the cold air off of it out into the cabinet. It works great! Thanks again for the help with electronics, I appreciate it immensely.

Well done young Sir. You will go a long way in a related field if you choose to pursue it. You'll also live life always needing a bigger set of drawers for all these various lengths of coloured wire & fans & motors & gears & broken things you will need one day.....

Well done young Sir. You will go a long way in a related field if you choose to pursue it. You'll also live life always needing a bigger set of drawers for all these various lengths of coloured wire & fans & motors & gears & broken things you will need one day.....

Thanks mate I appreciate it, parents have already dedicated the closet under the stairs for all my "things".. various boxes of computer components lol, will be studying electrical engineering at uni next year, cannot wait.

Nearly there. (Only half of the electronics are in) I opted for a Navy Blue felt lining instead of black.. was rather easy to do, screw in back and just cut to size and used spray adhesive all over the ply and ironed it out. Came out great! Getting the door fit tomorrow morning. Going to give it a light polyurethane coat.

320583_2276187434386_1539738783_32436658_1289795_n.jpg

Back