Keezer Fan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizensnips

Reaction score
I've finally come round to the realisation that I need a fan in my keezer. After 3 of putting up with foam on every first pour...somethings got to change. I've been doing some reading and found some previous threads but nothing really with what I'm after...that being the basics.
If anyone can help me out, these are the questions I've got

What size computer fan is appropriate? My chest freezer is one that fits 4 corny kegs snug against one another without room for much else (150Lish)
For someone with minimal electrical skills is something like this my best option?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cooling-Kit-including-12V-DC-Power-Supply-Adapter-Converter-Cable-120mm-Fan-/291714694267?hash=item43eb8cfc7b:g:zFcAAOSwvFZW7zh1
Do people run these in sync with their thermostats or do you run them independently and constantly?

Installing it won't be a problem, it's more finding the right one and ideally not having to wire it up myself. I'm hesitant to leave a home wired electrical computer fan running in a cool damp environment all day while I'm at work....that screams hazard to me.

Any thoughts appreciated.....I'm so bloody over frothy beer

Cheers All

My keezer is the same size. A 120mm fan is enough to make a difference. I got mine for $3 from Computer Alliance, cut the end off the wires and spliced them on to a 12V power supply from my Sega Master System circa 1993 which sadly no longer works. $35 for the eBay fan seems excessive, but those power supplies go for around $20+ at Jaycar. Maybe you can find one lying around from an old appliance?

Do u think a font fan just in the keezer itself would work? I'm in the process of building a 500lt keezer myself

Back