Calibrating Promash?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WitWonder

Reaction score
As the title suggests is there any way in Promash to be able to record your actual temps? Say the system says my strike water should be 62deg to hit 50deg at mash in but in reality I ended up with 52deg. Can Promash take this into account or do I just have to adjust the thermal eff of my tun?

Spot on, you adjust the thermal efficiency so that the temperatures match what is happening in your set-up.

Promash isn't really predicting a final gravity for you. That's based on your strike temp, yeast selection and the ingredients you choose. If I miss a mash temp I record it in the notes section of the brewing session I'm in and then adjust the mash tun thermal mass. Now that I have the mash temp pretty close, sometimes I miss by a degree, I simply record in my notes and wait to see the effect on the end product. If I see a trend over 3 or 4 brews, then I might go back and tweak the mash tun mass, just to try and nail it a little closer. 0.38 is not a bad number to start with someone once said. It worked pretty darn close for my pumped setup, but I'm now using 0.33. All depends on your setup.

Latest posts

Back