Bye Bye Barleyman!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
Hi everyone

It's with a heavy heart we're announcing Barleyman is closing down. We will continue trading through to Saturday 19th March - but that will be our last day of regular trade.

After that, we'll have a closing down sale (at the warehouse only) to sell of any remaining stock. Most probably Easter Saturday at this stage, but we will post an update before then.

Deb and I would like to thank all our loyal customers over the past two years - you guys have been a pleasure to deal with overall, and all the messages of thanks and support over this time have been wholeheartedly appreciated.

If anyone is interested in some of the larger items (Wolf Engineering Mill, vacuum chamber sealer, reefer container) get in touch! I'd rather they went to someone here or a small brewery than on eBay!

Thanks again everyone, it's been a blast!

Nick and Deb (and Betty the malt-mutt)

ps: a quick reminder that we're closed this Saturday 12 March.

Wolf Mills are very good and not inexpensive, anyone opening a micro or otherwise looking for a top end commercial mill really should inquire.

Shame to see another good home brew shop close.
Mark

Thanks Mark, I'd love to keep it, but just don't have the room!

It's such a shame you couldn't find a buyer Nick. All the best on your new endeavours.

I can totally back up marks statement about the mill they are a workhorse and do a sensational job. We would be lost without ours.

No Fair :(

Your other job should simply pay you to keep Barleyman running :lol:

All the best Nick :beer:

Nick. All the best and a real shame that you couldn't find a buyer, was a real pleasure dealing with you, Deb and Betty in person when I was in the harbour city.

Really sorry to read your closing up Nick. You & Trev were a huge help when I jumped on the AG bandwagon.

Hope you'll now have time to get that Grainfather humming.

best of luck for the future mate, sending good vibes your way !

Very, very sad news Nick!!! I wish to thank you heaps for all the advice you gave to me in the early days and the great service and shopping experience Barleyman provided. Sydney/NSW brewing is immensely poorer without you! No-one else compares!!

On a brighter note your old kit in the esky, urn, pump are working a treat. I've also got hold of a smaller 20ltr urn and immersion chiller running as a herms system, and have changed to copper manifolds top and bottom of esky. I drilled a hole through lid which I didn't want to do but works an absolute treat.

All the very best to you, Deb, and of course Betty! Hopefully I'll bump into you at some stage.

Bruce

Very sad, you guys are awesome! Best of luck

Thanks everyone - we appreciate the good vibes :)

Although I didn't get there a lot (it takes me a long time to get through ingredients), I appreciated the products and service that you provided. Sad to see you go, Nick.

Delpy from Padstow.

Echo each sentiment already expressed, you blokes/lasses were a pleasure to deal with, best of luck, eh. If I had the money, business acumen and lived in Sydney woulda bought it in a heartbeat.

I posted two messages on facebook (one a customer enquiry and another about what kind of cost to buy the business) but never heard anything. Shame to hear you're shutting down as it seemed like you were gaining some great momentum.

Sorry about that Clint, seems we missed those!

This is a note to say Barleyman has officially closed its doors!

We've sold the rest of our stock, and as such won't be accepting any more orders. Regrettably, there won't be a "fire sale" either - there's nothing left to sell.

Thank you all for your support over the past couple of years; we've had a fantastic time running Barleyman, and we hope you've enjoyed the service.

Happy brewing from me, Deb and Betty!

Latest posts

Back