Buying A New Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONNOR BREWARE

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a 4 ring gas burner for a version of a Brutus 10 build.
Anyone know of any better deals than the following evil bay price and model.

4ringburner

I'm also going to start researching for a natural gas burner as I would be interested in running off the mains and keeping costs down.

hope to get some good stories or pointers, cheers

yes get a Italian Spiral Burner. Hmm wait they are out of stock maybe email them to see when its back in??? depending on how much you want to boil but a adjustable HP reg is good I got one from BOC but its for a oxy I think, works well.

I've invested in the NG option. Got my 23 jet NG Mongolian from Techrite for $50 and the NG reg for $40, great deal if it's a real option to set up NG at your place, will save you $5+ a brew in LPG.

cheers BDB

I've invested in the NG option. Got my 23 jet NG Mongolian from Techrite for $50 and the NG reg for $40, great deal if it's a real option to set up NG at your place, will save you $5+ a brew in LPG.

cheers BDB

Yeah NG is an option, I've a family member who is a gas fitter and I talked yesterday about getting a bayonet out side that could be used to run the BBQ off and burners. I've still got the adaptor for the BBQ to switch it. He wont help me if it doesnt meet gas code so I'm hoping when he pops over and I show him the plan and throw in the first runnings it will clinch the deal.

How have you found the out put on NG BDB? I undertsand there is a big energy difference between NG and LPG, is this negated by the power of the mongo 23 jet?

I didn't expect techrite to have such good prices. I checked out the website previously but it says I need to contact the store so I never went further. I will now I know the burners are 50% less than beer bellys.

hoping to have something sorted to get the new rig up by the Christmas break.

yes get a Italian Spiral Burner. Hmm wait they are out of stock maybe email them to see when its back in??? depending on how much you want to boil but a adjustable HP reg is good I got one from BOC but its for a oxy I think, works well.

considering this Kelby, it may win out if they are available some where. Do you know how many MJ yours does and is it as easy to control output from reg as a 4 ring is with its 4 taps? I've been reading about the air intake slide etc

I've noticed an old post showing good deals here but again it seems they must be contacted for a price

cellar plus

well mine brings about 52lts to the boil in about 25-30 mins but I havnt cranked it right up. I clean the mash tun and stuff in that time I am sure I can crank it up a fair bit more but I run 3 ring and that off the same reg so just adjusted it to where the 3 ring runs good. They have a adjustable knob on the unit so you can turn it down I prob run it under half power when its boiling.

Not sure on the MJ I guess that all depends on what pressure you run it at. It is rated to run on a HP reg to, I always worry with the 3 ring pumped up but it hasnt blown up on me yet lol

well mine brings about 52lts to the boil in about 25-30 mins but I havnt cranked it right up. I clean the mash tun and stuff in that time I am sure I can crank it up a fair bit more but I run 3 ring and that off the same reg so just adjusted it to where the 3 ring runs good. They have a adjustable knob on the unit so you can turn it down I prob run it under half power when its boiling.

Not sure on the MJ I guess that all depends on what pressure you run it at. It is rated to run on a HP reg to, I always worry with the 3 ring pumped up but it hasnt blown up on me yet lol
so if you starting again you'd go the spiral over the 3 ring Kelby?

How have you found the out put on NG BDB? I undertsand there is a big energy difference between NG and LPG, is this negated by the power of the mongo 23 jet?

Still waiting on the new house to settle so can't help you with additional info. I have a mate that has done the numbers, the burner itself can blow away massive numbers and should make short work of doubles and triples, however my gas feed is half inch so i will loose some stick. If your feed it 3/4 and the correct reg you will get all 180 mjs odd that it has to offer :beerbang:

Cost wise, if it was going full tilt it will cost you around $2 a brew (per hour), for me I should be looking at $1 a brew, I'll drink to that :icon_drunk:

I hope that makes sense, been at the Westgate meeting this afternoon so my keyboard and brain might not be going in the same direction.

Cheers BDB

Still waiting on the new house to settle so can't help you with additional info. I have a mate that has done the numbers, the burner itself can blow away massive numbers and should make short work of doubles and triples, however my gas feed is half inch so i will loose some stick. If your feed it 3/4 and the correct reg you will get all 180 mjs odd that it has to offer :beerbang:

Cost wise, if it was going full tilt it will cost you around $2 a brew (per hour), for me I should be looking at $1 a brew, I'll drink to that :icon_drunk:

I hope that makes sense, been at the Westgate meeting this afternoon so my keyboard and brain might not be going in the same direction.

Cheers BDB
yep make sense, cheers for info BDB. it all helps.
I'll post when finale decision is made, just in case it helps anyone upgrading to these types down the line.

Latest posts

Back