Buying A New Brew Kit Good Buy!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im guessing any bunnings store

This was the glendale store nsw newcastle

I would call before I went there and ask for a 25 lt container

here is a pic Im doing a sparkling ale
as you can see it seals good my air lock has foam in it.

Same place I was at, I'll have to get back there in the next couple of days. Thanks

I think people have misunderstood my point in this post. I was not comparing micro kits from coopers tooheys etc. I was making the forum aware of a good deal for a fermenter. This forum is a great spot for new comers to find information like this (equipment specials etc) I hope i have not offended anyone too much...

Agreed, sounds like a good deal for a second fermenter etc. IIRC to get the same bits and pieces cost me about $35 from the LHBS - fermenter with lid, tap, sediment reducer, airlock and grommet.

The Coopers kits are still a good deal IMO for a noob starting from scratch, mine was about $67 including the first kit brew and the PET bottles. But for those who know what they want, this is the way to go and everybody loves a bit of DIY!

Now I just want to see the write up from the G&G party keg demo so I can head to Bunno's and get me a pressure sprayer.

Thanks for sharing Keef :)

I have one of those fermentors, not from Bunnings tho. Made by BMW Plastics?(look on bottom)
You got lucky, mine had to be modified to seal properly, the rim was distorted and needed a lot of carving to level it.
I checked all the others at the time and all were the same, maybe BMW has fixed the problem?, will check next I'm at Bunnings.

Oops, just saw Thuderlips' post, yep BMW.

I have one of those fermentors, not from Bunnings tho. Made by BMW Plastics?(look on bottom)
You got lucky, mine had to be modified to seal properly, the rim was distorted and needed a lot of carving to level it.
I checked all the others at the time and all were the same, maybe BMW has fixed the problem?, will check next I'm at Bunnings.

Oops, just saw Thuderlips' post, yep BMW.

while i was there i made sure that the lid sealed correctly. I had no problems with the lid sealing i guess the rubber O ring helps

Yeah mine has the o-ring too, but the lip was way out.

I have a Coopers barrel with the same problem, not as bad but I haven't fixed it yet so it still doesn't seal.
If I sit a sheet of glass on the lip, it will rock. With the glass rocked one way, the gap on the other is close to 10mm!
Will take a photo one day and send it to Coopers, I'm sure someone there will find it pretty funny.

edit: spellang

Back