Buyer Beware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hazard a guess most of us don't live within 10 minutes, or even 30 minutes of a decent HBS! If I was to drive to a decent HBS I'd be spending an hour fifteen minutes. And at 10 litres per hundred, thats about $15 in diesel just to go one way! Bring on the e-shops.

E-shops dont encorage new brewers IMO
You dont need to be 10mins away from Marks as he will post anywhere in the country and is cheaper than any on-line store I have seen. Eg spec. grain $4 per kg, cheaper in bulk, down to $2 per Kg for B&B Ale Malt, and 100g of 08 NB hops $8.

Steve

The boys at Holden Hill under the pool hall are my LHBS and they actually take time to talk to you about your purchase if ya have a question they answer it in good detail and dont talk down to you like you are an idiot just for being a newbie and needing clarification on what you are about to brew.

Cheers
Carty

Carty - Bill at Brewmaker is a great bloke. Havent dropped in there for some time now but he was my only source of brewing help back in the uni brewing days (mid to late 90s). I first started adding hops and grain to my recipes after chats with him about what beer i liked. Probably owe him a few beers.

Brewcraft is to homebrewing as McDonalds is to restaurants..... :angry: :D

I'd hazard a guess most of us don't live within 10 minutes, or even 30 minutes of a decent HBS! If I was to drive to a decent HBS I'd be spending an hour fifteen minutes. And at 10 litres per hundred, thats about $15 in diesel just to go one way! Bring on the e-shops.

im a lucky one my LHBS is a 10 min drive.

ahhhhh my bank balance LOVES IT! :unsure:

Good HBS at Ballarat although he doesnt do grain stuff but thats two hours away. I backyard brewcrap sorry brewcraft shop has opened in Horsham. I went there a couple of months ago to get some dry wheat malt and he didnt know if he had any or not, so I had to find it.

Craftbrewers site is fantastic and far ahead of the rest

Carty - Bill at Brewmaker is a great bloke. Havent dropped in there for some time now but he was my only source of brewing help back in the uni brewing days (mid to late 90s). I first started adding hops and grain to my recipes after chats with him about what beer i liked. Probably owe him a few beers.

Brewcraft is to homebrewing as McDonalds is to restaurants..... :angry: :D

nice

funny i was going to make that exact same analogy :D macca's ahhhh the foul taste of regret!

You didnt get your products that were ordered and you didnt get charged for it,so you come on here and complain?

You didnt get your products that were ordered and you didnt get charged for it,so you come on here and complain?

Yes. Only after calling them.
Re-read my OP.
Posting here was in order I'm afraid.
Save some others from this sort of bad business.

I have purchased from most of the retailers on this site. Never had a problem. All very good to deal with.
This was just way over the top.

Cheers,
Bud

Why not? Its a public forum.

ahhh, thats a shame, i've had stacks of great dealings with, Mel, always call up and order my grain bill and he always has it cracked and bagged by the time i get there. Shame they're not keeping up to date with the new age though.

You dont need to be 10mins away from Marks as he will post anywhere in the country and is cheaper than any on-line store I have seen. Eg spec. grain $4 per kg, cheaper in bulk, down to $2 per Kg for B&B Ale Malt, and 100g of 08 NB hops $8.

Steve

Indeed!

No better shop around than Marks Homebrew. Great aussie-style service including the bite of hops/grains to get a feeling for them, helpful and very knowledgable service and the price is awesome as well.

I agree with SJW, LHBS's are great for building better brewers. To have that face to face for advice, critique and even learning is priceless. And if you can get that and gear for such a great price as my LHBS does then even better. I reckon there is definately a market for e-shopping but it isn't ever going to totally replace the good old fasion LHBS. Sure there are some out there that are struggling but also some that are thriving.
From a satisfied LHBS (MHB) shopper

I cant fault craftbrewer, great service and great products. Pleasure to deal with.

ahhh, thats a shame, i've had stacks of great dealings with, Mel, always call up and order my grain bill and he always has it cracked and bagged by the time i get there. Shame they're not keeping up to date with the new age though.

The true message here is that if anyone know the blokes at ESB, can they be made aware of these complaints. As a sponsor of this site, these guys are after our custom. I won't allow people, particularly those who have never dealt with ESB, to denigrate them without cause. Budwiser's complaint is a genuine one that does not look good and he has every right to feel pissed off. I believe ESB can and should do better if they wish to attract customers. The main thing is for them to be made aware. They are in an important strategic position in Sydney (ie south eastern area) which isn't well served with HBS. Personally I'd prefer them to be a strong player in the market cos they offer a great range of products (on paper).

So, who tells them ?

My two bobs worth...

Ross and Craft Brewer provides service that is utterly superior to anything I have ever experienced.

+1 (well, if you count ALL of the times I have used CB, then +10

My LHBS (BYOAH) is also great. I only go to the web when I need something Col doesn't have, like Amarillo at the moment. Otherwise I shop local and try to keep my LHBS in business. I would be screwed without him.

The true message here is that if anyone know the blokes at ESB, can they be made aware of these complaints. As a sponsor of this site, these guys are after our custom. I won't allow people, particularly those who have never dealt with ESB, to denigrate them without cause. Budwiser's complaint is a genuine one that does not look good and he has every right to feel pissed off. I believe ESB can and should do better if they wish to attract customers. The main thing is for them to be made aware. They are in an important strategic position in Sydney (ie south eastern area) which isn't well served with HBS. Personally I'd prefer them to be a strong player in the market cos they offer a great range of products (on paper).

So, who tells them ?

Do the owners of ESB have an AHB account? Presumably they would at least keep an eye on the forum- I'm not saying "they should have seen this thread by now", but wondering to what extent they monitor what's going on here.

Do the owners of ESB have an AHB account? Presumably they would at least keep an eye on the forum- I'm not saying "they should have seen this thread by now", but wondering to what extent they monitor what's going on here.

If Matt the yank keg guy cruises this forum, I'd be surprised if the new owners of ESB didnt.

Steve

mmm, at those prices I may nearly have a new supplier....

I will wait until his website is fully functional and have a closer look then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back