Bunnings blue BMW fermenters are they any good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't used it as a fermenter, but i have one of those that i got as part of a bottling setup. Looks decent and a standard tap fits in fine.

I've got one. Use it as a fermenter and it works fine.

Will probably ferment in it tomorrow :)

I use something very similar (mine is square). Have no issues apart from the visibility through the walls due to the colour.

I have a few of the white version(same brand i think) and one of the square 30l all work fine. If using the lid and an airlock, make sure you clean any plastic lumps on the join up also check for plastic dags around the inside at the back of the tap

Yep use it and have no problems.. Gonna get another one :).

[SIZE=10.5pt]I use one with zero issues for one of my FV. I also use their other products for my no chill cubes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]When I get them I fill them with Sodium Percarbonate and water and leave them for at least 24 hours then drain and add about 500ml to 1l of pre mixed starsan then seal and leave until they are ready to be used.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Old thread with more information can be found here: [/SIZE]

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/65117-new-bunnings-fermenter-style-containers/

Edit as for the taps I had a small issue with one of mine but nothing a little thread tape couldn't fix.

I use a square Bunnings FV, the only issue I find is with either heavily hopped beers - IPA's, DIPA's etc or big beers where you expect to see a big thick trub layer the tap can take in hops n gunk that tends to block either filters or beer disconnects.

Racking to another vessel before dry hopping is one workaround or otherwise using a standard FV for those types of brew is another.

Mate of mine used one regularly as a cider fermenter. Lael now has it, as mate passed away but not from the cider.

If mate is looking over my shoulder he's having a good laugh at that - crazy Welsh Bugger.

Recommended.

I still have a square one as a spare since I bought my SS, I'd never go back to Coopers Style fermenters.

I use one for secondary and racking. My original coopers fermenter is practically identical (opening is slightly bigger). No issues at all except the blue doesn't suit the kitchen (apparently...)

Latest posts

Back