Bundaberg Constructions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a look at Kevs rig last week and was mighty impressed with the set up. Somee more ideas for me to add into my rig when i get around to putting it together. top effort Kev. and some mighty fine brews too.

Cheers Brad

Thanks for the grain drop off, glad you enjoyed the beers.

Look us up next time your back in Bundy, hopefully we can arrange a night of it.

QldKev

P111009_14.37_02_.JPG

Another brew day in Bundy, Thunus and QldKev's rigs getting another work day.

QldKev

Bit of a production line going there fellas. What did you both brew?
At this rate Thunus, your going to run out of kegs, and I thought the brew stand was pink?

Andrew

Both brews were JSGA. Thunus is not too worried about running out of kegs, we made sure of that. We both hit out target extraction, both coming around 80% post boil.

I tried out the new Mongolian burner, it was actually as loud as the nasa (the nasa has the air vent closed), and the nasa still hit mash in temp about 5 mins faster. See my brewstand, the paint is a bit burnt looking now.

Next weekend were planning to try and get both burners on mine fired up for the day, so including Thunus rig that will be 3 on the boil.

QldKev

Both brews were JSGA. Thunus is not too worried about running out of kegs, we made sure of that. We both hit out target extraction, both coming around 80% post boil.

I tried out the new Mongolian burner, it was actually as loud as the nasa (the nasa has the air vent closed), and the nasa still hit mash in temp about 5 mins faster. See my brewstand, the paint is a bit burnt looking now.

Next weekend were planning to try and get both burners on mine fired up for the day, so including Thunus rig that will be 3 on the boil.

QldKev

Come on Gregs, we're falling way behind these two, pretty soon they won't be able to see us in their rear view mirrors :lol: , need to get a couple of brews down for you mate so you've got something in the keg.

Andrew

I can see a bit of local 3V vs biab frienly rivalry developing here. Let's try and make as much beer as possible for the Christmas break. Bloody biabers have it easier though I reckon when it comes to the amount of volume they can knock out. I did my first TTL with the caramelisation bit in it the other day and with an immersion chiller (thanks for the loan Kev) I started at 9 and finished at 5! Just as well it was a double batch or it would hardly be worth it.

Bubbling away nicely now though and smelling pretty darn good.

That must be Thunus' garage in the pic, too neat to be your place Kev :D I can smell the Amarillo from here, mmmmMMMMmmmm.

I can see a bit of local 3V vs biab frienly rivalry developing here. Let's try and make as much beer as possible for the Christmas break. Bloody biabers have it easier though I reckon when it comes to the amount of volume they can knock out. I did my first TTL with the caramelisation bit in it the other day and with an immersion chiller (thanks for the loan Kev) I started at 9 and finished at 5! Just as well it was a double batch or it would hardly be worth it.

Bubbling away nicely now though and smelling pretty darn good.

That must be Thunus' garage in the pic, too neat to be your place Kev :D I can smell the Amarillo from here, mmmmMMMMmmmm.

Bloody hell Henno, 8 hours, why did it take that long, was it because of the caramelisation? I did 50 lt of CSA yesterday Started at 8.00am finished 12 noon.

Cheers
Andrew

Ok, just to wet the Bundy Brewers appetites, here's a pic of the controller box parts for Gregs brewstand.
Heat sinks finally arrived this morning for the 25 amp relays, just have to wait for the plug fittings to arrive and I can start laying out the component positions and begin cutting up the box.

brewery_011.JPG

Some serious looking gear there, love that new Dixel. 2 x 25smp relays, should be enough :p

QldKev

Ok, just to wet the Bundy Brewers appetites, here's a pic of the controller box parts for Gregs brewstand.
Heat sinks finally arrived this morning for the 25 amp relays, just have to wait for the plug fittings to arrive and I can start laying out the component positions and begin cutting up the box.

Looks the goods.
How you going to cut the box?
If you give me a sketch of it I can make the square holes required on the milling machine.

Cheers,
Bud

Looks the goods.
How you going to cut the box?
If you give me a sketch of it I can make the square holes required on the milling machine.

Cheers,
Bud

Sounds like it will be easier than my method, thanks for the offer Budwiser, I'll layout a plan tonight.

Cheers
Andrew

christ andrew whats the power rating of the heating your planning on running? I though i was keen with a 3600W element for 50L. that only pulls 14amp or so. what are you running that needs 25amp?

very nice indeed

christ andrew whats the power rating of the heating your planning on running? I though i was keen with a 3600W element for 50L. that only pulls 14amp or so. what are you running that needs 25amp?

very nice indeed

3600w and 2400w but I thought to err on the side of caution, plus I got them at a good price :D .

Cheers
Andrew

always go more power than less!
i can heat ~50L water to 80C in 52min. i'd love to know how quicly yours heats

Ahhh rito, I have just converted to your setup with the element, thought i was going to have to lift the bar once again.
I am using a 25amp CRYDOM ssr though (looks the same as the one in your pic).

Paul

Latest posts

Back