Bundaberg Constructions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done and big up to the Bundy Brewerhood! Looks like you guys are getting as thick as theives? Glad to there is a future 3V Herms up there. I was worried I might have bring my pillow case with me when visiting

Reckon you blokes must use the same structural engineer for brew rigs

Bloody Bundaberg brewers, where are the fooking Hervey Bay Brewers? I know, sitting in their tin shed saunas, with their Can openers and their 25 kg bag of CSR castor sugar, mixing their can of Goo with their 10kg of Sugaz with their hand and filling the fermenter up with water from the hose... :ph34r:

Come on, surely there is at least 1 Brewer from Hervey Bay that wants to/or is on this AG caper.. :unsure:

Why am I stuck in the middle?? Shit, there is a few in Bundaberg, at least 1 in Gympie, a few on the Sunny Coast and a shitload in Brisbane..... I knew the bay was a very special place full of very special people.... :blink:

Rant over, Im happy brewing by myself... :(

CB

Well done and big up to the Bundy Brewerhood! Looks like you guys are getting as thick as theives? Glad to there is a future 3V Herms up there. I was worried I might have bring my pillow case with me when visiting :ph34r:

Reckon you blokes must use the same structural engineer for brew rigs :lol:

Chappo there's a couple of herms brewer's up this way, and one future herms brewer on the way,your's truly) I'm new to this brew community thing up here in Bundy and wished I'd meet these people 20 or so years ago. they are certainly wonderful people and in some ways like family. And as you can see from the brew rigs I'm no engineer but I do like things to look good, bench's built from anything smaller than 40mm RHS don't look real flash. Speaking of not looking real flash, you're more than welcome up this way, so if you decide to pay us a visit then please do bring that pillow case and put it to good use( you won't see through it very well but we can lead you around). And don't forget - bring you're sense of humour. :D

Chappo there's a couple of herms brewer's up this way, and one future herms brewer on the way,your's truly) I'm new to this brew community thing up here in Bundy and wished I'd meet these people 20 or so years ago. they are certainly wonderful people and in some ways like family. And as you can see from the brew rigs I'm no engineer but I do like things to look good, bench's built from anything smaller than 40mm RHS don't look real flash. Speaking of not looking real flash, you're more than welcome up this way, so if you decide to pay us a visit then please do bring that pillow case and put it to good use( you won't see through it very well but we can lead you around). And don't forget - bring you're sense of humour. :D

Chappo, these things are built like the proverbial, and neat as a pin too, really looking forward to posting the pics of the finished products, and don't listen to Gregs, he's engineered these beautifully.
You can still bring your pillow case if you want, Kevs is getting a bit brown and could use a change and by then Thunus will probably need to change his as well, so bring two if you've got them spare :lol:

Cheers
Andrew

Bloody Bundaberg brewers, where are the fooking Hervey Bay Brewers? I know, sitting in their tin shed saunas, with their Can openers and their 25 kg bag of CSR castor sugar, mixing their can of Goo with their 10kg of Sugaz with their hand and filling the fermenter up with water from the hose... :ph34r:

Come on, surely there is at least 1 Brewer from Hervey Bay that wants to/or is on this AG caper.. :unsure:

Why am I stuck in the middle?? Shit, there is a few in Bundaberg, at least 1 in Gympie, a few on the Sunny Coast and a shitload in Brisbane..... I knew the bay was a very special place full of very special people.... :blink:

Rant over, Im happy brewing by myself... :(

CB

Hey CB, you know your welcome anytime.

Andrew

I did some more work on the brew rig today. Still need a kettle though.
Brew_Gear_019.jpg

Another one
Brew_Gear_015.jpg
The H type frame that the pots sit on is not welded to the main frame so they can be moved to any position depending on pot size or lay'out, simply they slide on a recessed rail.

But of course this needs to be finished.
Brew_Gear_017.jpg
Flat bar rail that H sections slide on.

Looking good, I see the main frame has been extended even longer :lol:

I just can;t see the schooner holder.

QldKev

Kev; the extension was always in the plan, i had to wait to see the extent of it and how much i had to play with. Don't you mean rear view mirror?

Looks great Greg, finished the grinding on mine yesterday, when are you dropping yours of for me to do a proper grind for you :p . Can't wait for these rigs to be up and running, fully self contained brew rigs on wheels, awesome!!

Go Thunus, another AG under the belt, what a legend.

Andrew

Andrew have you worked out you pump position yet?

Had a look at Kevs rig last week and was mighty impressed with the set up. Somee more ideas for me to add into my rig when i get around to putting it together. top effort Kev. and some mighty fine brews too.

Cheers Brad

What is it with the Bundaberg area, all the brewers are either bloody engineers, chefs, cheese and sausage makers, plus they have a champion brewer to learn from..................dirty rotten lucky bastards.

Cheers,

Screwy

What is it with the Bundaberg area, all the brewers are either bloody engineers, chefs, cheese and sausage makers, plus they have a champion brewer to learn from..................dirty rotten lucky bastards.

Cheers,

Screwy

It's really nice Screwy, great people who are happy to help each other, and we all live fairly close too.
I'm really looking forward to the test drive of my brewery on wheels, Just can't decide what color to paint it.

Andrew

Yes I have, but I think I will need a little guidance from you, not sure how to mount it.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew I've got an idea about how to mount it, will need to talk it over. Also had a play with the way the plumbing might go re- pump in-out.

Andrew I've got an idea about how to mount it, will need to talk it over. Also had a play with the way the plumbing might go re- pump in-out.

I'm all ears Greg, more than happy to improve the system.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back