Bulk Priming Corona

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbiebrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've brewed some kit corona for a friend and it's time for bottling. However, I am using 330ml bottles and I don't think I can single prime that size bottle (also I don't feel like single priming 72 bottles). I used the priming calculator from the wiki article and used california common as the type of beer ( not being able to find cervesza in the list) and the amount of sugar needed comes out at 144g. Can anyone confirm the accuracy of that number?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I've brewed some kit corona for a friend and it's time for bottling. However, I am using 330ml bottles and I don't think I can single prime that size bottle (also I don't feel like single priming 72 bottles). I used the priming calculator from the wiki article and used california common as the type of beer ( not being able to find cervesza in the list) and the amount of sugar needed comes out at 144g. Can anyone confirm the accuracy of that number?

Thanks in advance

Sounds about right but without knowing batch size, max temp reached during fermentation and how much carbonation you prefer it's impossible to say. The calculator will give you the right figure provided you input the variables correctly.

EDIT: I'd say American Lager is probably an appropriate style but the CO2 volumes are similar to California common so again, about right

sorry 22L, about 22C and well it's not for me, it's for someone else so whatever level of carbonation corona is at normally.

Yep, 144 sounds OK. I don't know Corona, but if its highly carbonated you could probably even stretch the priming as high as 160 if you're certain its fermented out fully.

72 bottles is going to be a b*tch to prepare, sanitise, fill and cap !

yeah hence why I'm bulk priming >.<. So I just add my sugar to some hot water, add to a clean bucket, add beer on top, swirl, then pour into bottles?

Yep, in a nutshell that's it. Just be mindful of aeration. If you make sure your transfer tube is below the waterline of the receiving bucket you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back