Bulk Hops Purchase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crispy said:
Hi Brewers,

All hops have now arrived and I have started sorting and packing them

I will post as soon as I get it done, will do my best o get it all posted by Wednesday, that way you should all have it by the weekend.

My house smells fantastic, :super:

I have taken a pic and will post at a later date.

Cheers, :beer:

Crispy
[post="66116"][/post]​
Bugger, I ordered a day earlier than you and ours isn't here yet :(

sintax69 Posted Today, 03:03 PM
Just off the topic a bit but with all this hops arriving at my door soon what is the best way to store hops and how long will it last .Normally I just put it in a bag in the freezer for a week or two

I store my hops in a plastic bag, in a tuppaware container, in the freezer.

They are still fine after 12 months, though not many make it that far.

WoooHooo hops have arrived QLDers!

As I bent down to pick up the box I could smell it - AMARILLO!!!
What has arrived is slightly different to what was ordered but you can have a look in the spreadsheet.
Only 1kg of Amarillo and 1kg of Saaz - however he added 1kg of US Sterling which is a saaz alternative. There is also only 750g of Fuggles too

EDIT: Who wants some Sterling instead of Saaz?
Should I halve the amarillo orders or does anyone not want any anymore?
Should I give everyone 150g of Fuggles or again does anyone want to drop it off their order?
Looks like it is $30/kg incl postage to me, so should be $30 pickup, a little bit more to post out to people.
Can bring to Batz brew day for anyone that wants to pick it up there? or to Oxford 152 on Friday?

Hops_arrived.JPG

Hi Brewers,

All the hops have been sorted and packed.

Most was posted today, a few more will be posted tomorrow, so you should all receive them by Thursday.

Anyone in Adelaide that is going to pick up there hops, feel free to give me a call (PM me for the number)

I will be home tomorrow night, Thursday (after 6.30) and Friday nights for pick ups.

Don't forget to bring a beer - I'm outta gas. :lol: Seriously.....

I can also bring some into the city with me on friday if anyone wishes to pick up there.

Cheers, :party:

Crispy

I'm not involved in this but Sterling hops are excellent.
They are a US grown cross between Saaz and Hallertau.
I have used them and I found them to be as good as
any German grown hop.
Any one wanting to brew a European style lager would
be very happy.

Hoops said:

...Should I halve the amarillo orders or does anyone not want any anymore?...

Maybe halve the orders :( It's a lot better than not having any. :eek: Or we could just go halves ourselves Hoops 500g each :lol:

ozbrewer said:
hoops ill have some stirling
[post="66257"][/post]​
So you want 250g of Sterling instead of Saaz?

Hoops said:

What has arrived is slightly different to what was ordered but you can have a look in the spreadsheet.
Only 1kg of Amarillo and 1kg of Saaz - however he added 1kg of US Sterling which is a saaz alternative. There is also only 750g of Fuggles too

EDIT: Who wants some Sterling instead of Saaz?
Should I halve the amarillo orders or does anyone not want any anymore?
Should I give everyone 150g of Fuggles or again does anyone want to drop it off their order?
Looks like it is $30/kg incl postage to me, so should be $30 pickup, a little bit more to post out to people.
Can bring to Batz brew day for anyone that wants to pick it up there? or to Oxford 152 on Friday?
[post="66206"][/post]​

Hoops,
I'm happy to accept 150g Fuggles in leu of 250g but would like as much of the Saaz as I can get.
Whichever way you decide to split the hops, I will collect on Batz's Big Brewday unless I hear different from you.

:beer:

Hoops
I have some saaz left so I don't mind dipping out on that ( I'll have stirling instead)
fuggles I do want if possiable

Cheers Batz

If needed I will dip out on 250 grams of saaz for the stiring but only if it is needed to do so... Still want at least 250 of saaz...

Pickup from oxford 182 would be good if this is not too much of a drama otherwise we can work something else out...

LOL - yeah, Hoops will be the guy out the back of oxford 152 with little snap lock baggies of green stuff. Can I bring the cash in a briefcase :D

Matt

mobrien said:
LOL - yeah, Hoops will be the guy out the back of oxford 152 with little snap lock baggies of green stuff. Can I bring the cash in a briefcase :D

Matt
[post="66273"][/post]​

i can just see it now - all huddled around sniffing the contents of our little packets & passing over the cash - could be an interesting night at bulimba Nick, while they sort out what it is - :D ...

mobrien said:

Matt
[post="66273"][/post]​

HA HA - just what I was thinking too.. :party:

no can i have the saaz and stirling?........ill prefer the saaz though

ozbrewer said:
no can i have the saaz and stirling?........ill prefer the saaz though
[post="66281"][/post]​
so 1/2 & 1/2 ?

EDIT: All sorted for you oz

Ross said:
mobrien said:

Matt
[post="66273"][/post]​

i can just see it now - all huddled around sniffing the contents of our little packets & passing over the cash - could be an interesting night at bulimba Nick, while they sort out what it is - :D ...
[post="66276"][/post]​

Here is what happened last time someone posted me some amarillo. Poor old postie must have thought he was on a major bust.

police2.jpg

Got up this morning and a lovely smelling package arrived at my door just like to thank Crispy for all his work in doing this 3 cheers for Crispy

Latest posts

Back