Building/buying A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclessia

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm not having much luck finding a second hand kegerator set up in Melbourne and I can't come to terms with the idea of shelling out $800+ for a new one.

So I'm entertaining the idea of building one.

If I already have a fridge (only) how much do you reckon I could put one together for?

Do you know of anyone selling conversion kits?

I don't mind if it takes me a little while - but I do have some brews in fermenters that I'm keen to get into kegs sooner rather than later - so I'd like to get the gas and plumbing sorted this weekend at least.

Does any one have any experience or advice?

I have zero kegging/plumbing experience btw.

Cheers

Mat

You can pick up some two keg, one tap starter kits for about $250-$300. This doesn't include CO2.

I got started from kegsonline.com.au (not affiliated). You can also get them from ebay.

You don't need plumbing experience. There's a guide somewhere on AHB on building a kegerator.

Building a Kegerator

Edit: Added link.

Hey,

I'm not having much luck finding a second hand kegerator set up in Melbourne and I can't come to terms with the idea of shelling out $800+ for a new one.

So I'm entertaining the idea of building one.

If I already have a fridge (only) how much do you reckon I could put one together for?

I spent more than that building mine.

150L chest freezer that fits 4 kegs: $250 (brand new)
4 perlick taps, SS shafts, 8 disconnects, 4 way manifold: $400 (homebrewstuff.com)
4 kegs: $260
2.6L c02 bottle: $180
Timber, stain & varnish + other hardware: $100
Regulator, beer line + all of the other JG fittings etc: $250

All up nearly $1500. Beats bottling I suppose.

Latest posts

Back