Bugs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdog

Reaction score
Does anyoune get little flying bugs hanging around their font or drip tray? Lucky its in the garage

Also known as drain gnats or fruit flies. I get them if I don't tighten up my hygiene.
  1. Wash your drip tray daily
  2. They will settle down onto the drip tray so ambush them when they least expect it with Raid low allergy fly and mozzie killer
  3. In the urban evironment they live and breed in sink's holes and those holes in the bathroom floor with the metal rose built in, you know the ones I mean
  4. So cut them off at the source, pour bleach down each hole every night, then plug the sinks and put a wet washer over each hole in the bathroom, laundry and dunny floors
Don't leave fruit or scraps sitting overnight in the kitchen.

They also breed in the sump outside the laundry and kitchen, the one with the grate on top. Also pour bleach down that and put a washer over the grille every night. They are attracted to yeast, in fact commercial fruit fly baits are based on yeast, so a home brewer is a fruit fly magnet.

Also known as drain gnats or fruit flies. I get them if I don't tighten up my hygiene.
  1. Wash your drip tray daily
  2. They will settle down onto the drip tray so ambush them when they least expect it with Raid low allergy fly and mozzie killer
  3. In the urban evironment they live and breed in sink's holes and those holes in the bathroom floor with the metal rose built in, you know the ones I mean
  4. So cut them off at the source, pour bleach down each hole every night, then plug the sinks and put a wet washer over each hole in the bathroom, laundry and dunny floors
Don't leave fruit or scraps sitting overnight in the kitchen.

cheers

Back