Brooklyn Returns To A Heady Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildaYeast

Reaction score
Enjoyed this read, particularly the second page, a brew with a wild yeast, a coffee porter from a local roaster and a chocolate brew in development with scraps from the local choclatier:

Brooklyn Returns to a Heady Time

(NY Times, you may have to do the free registration thing...)

Gorilla Warfare Coffee Porter. Now I could go a pint of that right now :icon_cheers:

The history of American Beer is enough to make any brewer cry. They must have produced magnificent ales and lagers before Prohibition. Oh for a time machine and a supply of pre-30s dollar bills.

After prohibition, when beer 'came back' they were left eventually with the likes of Miller Lite, Coors and Schlitz - reportedly pale ghosts of what they were in the 1920s.

It's great to see real beers coming back to the USA, they deserve them after what their big brewers have subjected them to for the last seventy years :)

Edit: they have the land, soils and climate to grow the best of malt and hops equal to anything Europe has to offer.

After prohibition, when beer 'came back' they were left eventually with the likes of Miller Lite, Coors and Schlitz - reportedly pale ghosts of what they were in the 1920s.

:lol:

Im actually reading this wearing a Coors hoodie my folks brought me back from the US, and up untill now I had no idea what Coors is

*proceeds to burn said hoodie* :p

Not a bad article, I have an urge to brew another choc-oat-late stout with more coffee now.

This talk of prohibition reminds me of Homer Simpson brewing his own booze in Springfield, with stills blowing their tops! :lol:

Great to see the population enjoying more than just commercial beers...

Today's Australian has an article on craft brewing and the big trend to swing away from megaswill. also good reading.

I think i just soiled myself....

That cloudy looking pale ale in the 'six point' worded glass second from the right.
I recon i could drink that all day. :chug: Looks freakin AWESOME!

Back