Broken Harris 601 Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Went to pour a beer on saturday night, got the beer out of the keg alright but when I went to regas the keg and grabbed hold of the pressure adjustment, nothing happened, it just spun around and no gas would come out unless I pressed on it really hard. Something has popped out inside. Can it be fixed?

Went to pour a beer on saturday night, got the beer out of the keg alright but when I went to regas the keg and grabbed hold of the pressure adjustment, nothing happened, it just spun around and no gas would come out unless I pressed on it really hard. Something has popped out inside. Can it be fixed?

Simple answer NO, they are designed as a cheap throw away Reg. I think in a set and forget situation they would last a long time but we tinkerers, force carbing, winding the pressure up high and down low kinda stress them more than they were designed for. I had beer in mine twice to, which didn't help.

More complex answer: there is a part (one) which is interchangable with another Harris Regulator which spares are supplied for, but only this one part, the rest diaphram etc is throw away, sorry.

If you do a search, you'll find I have posted info re this before along with a place that carries Harris Spares. Edit: Here

Screwy

:angry: Thanks for the definitive answer, luckily I had a spare, old but very sturdy looking thing(was a free gift from a non brewing work mate) that has now been pressed into service.

Latest posts

Back