British Indian Curry forum

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in England last week and just had to treat myself, I was too tired to go out so I ordered takeaway. Plain naan, mushroom pilau, vegetable curry (comes with biriani), CTM, chicken tikka biriani. Was lovely.

P5170138_zpse2efe738.jpg

DeGarre said:
I was in England last week and just had to treat myself, I was too tired to go out so I ordered takeaway. Plain naan, mushroom pilau, vegetable curry (comes with biriani), CTM, chicken tikka biriani. Was lovely.

P5170138_zpse2efe738.jpg
Lucky *******...

I used to love that veg curry that comes with the Biryani, marriage made in heaven. Never really got into Balti as that was more of a Midlands thing.

I first thought I'd gone overboard with this one but wolfed down everything except the biriani. This was around 7pm. Biriani is sort of dry risotto and was fine to eat cold later in the evening, as a small snack.

I was staying at Travelodge and when I phoned the curry house I got the clear impression the chap was a bit worried I'd do a runner as I didn't have UK mobile number to give and introduced myself as mr room number 54 Travelodge, I was waiting outside when he drove to the parking lot and the pure look of happiness and relief on his face when he saw me waving the cash was hilarious.

I almost ordered tarka dal, another of my favourite curry dish.

Back