Brisbane Octoberfest 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger me dead, morning shift for a change so I'll be there Sat around 1.00 - what's the nearest pubic transport, the old Vulture St southbank station?
I can't find details of the fest on their site, what's the entry fee and does that give you a free beer or summat? Jeans and a jacket ok ?

Mate only togas are allowed on the day, although inflatable sheep get you a discount at the front desk if you are prepared to share. Jackit if you wish.

:blink:

Sorry about that chief, ok $10 gets you in and allows you to do the chicken dance.
Beer prices are ok but a bit more than normal, buy a stein (full) then top up with jugs - its wot we'll be doing. There is a pretty good range on tap and heaps of bottles.

Edit: hangover...

Hi Guys,

I'll be there somewhere between 3 and 5pm........kids and that are sure to delay us.

Hope to see you there.

I know what Ross looks like if he goes but will attempt to hunt you guys down to introduce myself and have a beer or 2.

Cheers,
Wade

Just look for the dodgy bloke (either Batz, Winkle, Bribie or Me) surrounded by slightly less dodgy blokes (Batz, Winkle, Bribie or Me).... ;)

im pulling out of this one guys, so i can watch the grand final rematch, will probably make it to winkle afterwards though.

Do we know what beers they will have on tap.

I emailed them but got no reply.

Be keen to see the prices too if any one knows too, that way I know how much cash to bring! other than Lots!

Be keen to see the prices too if any one knows too, that way I know how much cash to bring! other than Lots!

Don't worry they have an ATM - just bring your card.

Quote " im pulling out of this one guys, so i can watch the grand final rematch, will probably make it to winkle afterwards though."

They have big sports screens.

I was at the Burleigh Brewing Company tour a few weeks ago and the owner (I forget his name) said they will be brewing the dunkelweizen for Oktoberfest. Good tour, by the way, if you haven't done it.

Don't know what else, though, sorry.

I was at the Burleigh Brewing Company tour a few weeks ago and the owner (I forget his name) said they will be brewing the dunkelweizen for Oktoberfest. Good tour, by the way, if you haven't done it.

Don't know what else, though, sorry.

This trhead is the german club event, the one burliegh are brewing for is the RNA....Germna Club is better IMO

Just look for the dodgy bloke (either Batz, Winkle, Bribie or Me) surrounded by slightly less dodgy blokes (Batz, Winkle, Bribie or Me).... ;)

I'm yet to met Bribie, but the description seems to suit the rest of us.

Sadly Batz we'll have to put off the pleasure, as I told Winkle I've broken a fang and my Octoberfest money will be poured into the coffers of Chinatown dental instead :angry:

This trhead is the german club event, the one burliegh are brewing for is the RNA....Germna Club is better IMO

Ah, sorry, I'm new to Australia, I didn't realise there were multiples. This is even better, since I can't make the other one, I'll try to convince the wife that we should go to this... :)

If anyone gets there before us can you capture a table in the hall ? (Right/back table is pretty good, close to the hall bar servery, food and toilet :) )

Sadly Batz we'll have to put off the pleasure, as I told Winkle I've broken a fang and my Octoberfest money will be poured into the coffers of Chinatown dental instead :angry:

Bugger mate, the missus did the same thing on Monday, off the the dentist tomorrow. We'll see you at the swap then :party: Pete said your not a bad bugger...for your age.

Batz

Bugger mate, the missus did the same thing on Monday, off the the dentist tomorrow. We'll see you at the swap then :party: Pete said your not a bad bugger...for your age.

Batz

Everyone knows that I'm Pete's twink on the side B)

I'll be there approx 5.30pm as will be stuck in the PubShop until then. Looks like I'll have some catching up to do :icon_drunk:

Cheers Ross

I'll be there approx 5.30pm as will be stuck in the PubShop until then. Looks like I'll have some catching up to do :icon_drunk:

Cheers Ross

Feck, we'll have probably run into RSOA hurdles by then :rolleyes: .

Back