Brisbane Brewing Co.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johann

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We have put a new beer on tap today. It's a coffee porter we made in conjunction with Merlo Coffee. The porter is in the style of a Brown Porter and is 4.9%ABV. The coffee is prominent upfront but still in balance with the caramel and nuttiness of the porter.

At this stage there will only be one batch, possibly until next winter. So make sure to try some and let us know what you think!

Cheers

Johann

May just have to get over to the gabba and try this one Johann.

Cheers

On Annerley Rd, isn't it Brad? Doesn't sound like the German to me! :icon_cheers:

Had a pint yesterday, really nice beer. Coffee flavor is so fresh and tastes, well, real (Thinking of the Matilada Bay Long shot which despite using real coffee tasted sticky, like a bad iced coffee), generally the coffee beers I've tried I find one is enough but could've gone back for a few if I wasn't driving.

I had a taste of Johann's Coffee stout that picked up a gold in Canberra a few years back, so I'm quite keen to try this one. :icon_cheers:

Had a pint yesterday, really nice beer. Coffee flavor is so fresh and tastes, well, real (Thinking of the Matilada Bay Long shot which despite using real coffee tasted sticky, like a bad iced coffee), generally the coffee beers I've tried I find one is enough but could've gone back for a few if I wasn't driving.

Burliegh's Black Giraffe is tasty.

Hi Chunkious, here is the link:Brewhouse.Thanks for the feedback jlm! Its a shame you couldn't stay for a few more...

Hi Chunkious, here is the link:Brewhouse.Thanks for the feedback jlm! Its a shame you couldn't stay for a few more...
Thats pretty good prices for your six packs Johann. Are you looking to sell them at other bottle shops in the future or is it exclusive to the brewhouse?

Cheers

I'll be back.... Stopping in for another at about four tomorrow if anyone's around.

Thats pretty good prices for your six packs Johann. Are you looking to sell them at other bottle shops in the future or is it exclusive to the brewhouse?

Cheers

Hi Bradsbrew, we are currently waiting for the label designer to do the final touches on the 'Shot in The Dark' coffee porter. The labels for our honey wheat, extra stout and pilsner are ready and will be printed with the porter in the next two weeks,ready for bottling straight after. All of these beers, including our BPA (currently available), will only be available from our bottle shop for the time being. We are looking at selling them at other bottle shops in the future. If there is a local bottle shop you would like to see our beers at, please let us know.

Cheers

Johann

will the Up Yer Kilt be making the rounds again soon? Its deadset one of my favourite beers

Hi Johann,

What beers are currently on tap? I know you are busy (very very busy), but I noted on the site that the beer list is dated Sept 10, and I know that some of the beers showing as "coming soon" are there, and you've since commissioned Bacchus to do some as well. Looks like the extended family are going there on sunday night for dinner, and a bit of pre-knowledge would be good FTW.

Goomba

Hey Goomba,

Currently we have the Sunshine Honey Wheat, Star Pilsner, Brisbane Pale Ale, Dog's Bollocks ESB,Midnight Extra Stout, and the Shot In The Dark Porter. We also have XXXX Gold on tap...

The Bacchus beer was only a one of to fill an empty tap. Enjoy Sunday.

Johann

PS: If you want to try the best pork ribs in ALL of Australia, you are going to the right place!

SHIT YEAH. /caps. the ribs are awesome.
pie of the week is always good too.

Delicious Johann, well done.

Coffee aroma and flavour is big and full, but not a bit offensive or unbalanced. Made my day :D Yummm!

sim

Back