Brisbane Brewday 29th Dec

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the invite Perry, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow, got a family thing on at the coast.

Have fun guys, hope you're not floating away.

Have a good one guys, I hope it's not to wet.

Batz

Thanks for the invite Perry, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow, got a family thing on at the coast.

Have fun guys, hope you're not floating away.

If the BOM Site is to believed, we should be all good, cheers B) .

Just getting my shit together now. Should be there by 10.30 after a quick stop over at a brewshop.
Bit hazy, had about 10 pints to many yesterday.

Cheers Brad

Just getting my shit together now. Should be there by 10.30 after a quick stop over at a brewshop.
Bit hazy, had about 10 pints to many yesterday.

Cheers Brad

Brad,
I've got some Aurora you could sub for Styrians in a bitter - its 9% AA though so you'd have to adjust the recipe.
(That's assuming its what you need from the brewshop)

Actually might give brewing a miss today. Spent too much time drinking yesterday and not enough time preparing.

See you at around 10.30

will be there by 11am, didn't get home till 3:15 this morning, bit sluggish atm.

Glad I could pop in and put some real names to names to faces. Sorry couldn't stay longer but very early start tomorrow.

Brewjohno

Thanks Perry for the turn out and what a top bunch of blokes with a fountain of information I really appreciated it.

Although I didn't like your overly salty balls beer. I thought it was all great.

Thanks again.
David.

I went to work as I (Santa) got reamed my Mrs Santa (Mrs InCider) at the boxing day sales. I felt boxed afterwards. See how she feels when the credit card shows: 'Scarlet Harem' at Kunda Park. She'll say: "But honey why?" and I'll retort sharply: "So you know what a ******* surprise is!"

Thanks to those who turned up, it was a pretty good session brewing day.

Quote of the night-
Me ,"Well, at least we achieved all the objectives today"
Attendees wife (collecting him after 12am) "You had objectives????"

WT-
Yep, Budwiser has been around for a fair while, I thought your description sounded familiar.

A quick thanks to Perry & Anna for their usual great hospitality yesterday arvo & night. :beer:
Good to meet\have a beer with a few new faces & also the usual suspects.
Am still tasting hints of Gravity's excellent 8% Ginger Beer. If you've never tasted this you haven't lived yet. :p

TP

A quick thanks to Perry & Anna for their usual great hospitality yesterday arvo & night. :beer:
Good to meet\have a beer with a few new faces & also the usual suspects.
Am still tasting hints of Gravity's excellent 8% Ginger Beer. If you've never tasted this you haven't lived yet. :p

TP

Ta Pete. It was a good one - hid the 8% too well, now to wander over to bulk buys & talk to Stillscottish about empty sacks.

Edit: results into fermenters if anyone is interested
Batch 1. Bisayan Maputi (Wit beer)
expected volume 20 litres & OG 1.058, measured 19 litres & OG 1.062
Batch 2. Gouden Strumpet (Belgian Special)
expected volume 19 litres & OG 1.071, measured 19 litres & OG 1.077.
(a little more honey must have gone into the second batch - otherwise pretty much on 75% eff)

I'm in information overload after yesterday Great to be able to pick a few minds about difrent things supliers tequnics and the like. Thanks for the hospitality winkle Brucce

Had a good time as usual with this mob, meet some new chums and some choice brews.

Thanks to Anna & Perry, gracious hospitality and a bed for the night. Thank you.

Winkles mild was up to usual high standards and TPs new chilled keg on gas set up had plenty of takers.
Gravity Gurus Ginger was a beaudy and I had to remind myself to be careful as to much of a good thing might make me sleep in.
I also really appreciated Gravity giving us a little taste of his Coopers 2000 & 2009?, very nice, and very nice of you too GG. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Back