Brisbane Brewday 29th Dec

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im in, might bring someone with me, won't be going too hard though massive day at work the day after. bed reserved.

For this event, I shall don my ponds institute lab coat to aid my creditability.

Edit: splking

Whoohoo!!!good onya Nick!! A long time coming, congratulations!!!!!! Onya bloke!

Perry? The 29th?
Why am I the only poor sucker working? Dont you have a job?

OK , OK, I'll knock off early and pretend Christmas means something to my boss.

I would like to bring a mate who has been brewining with fresh wort kits to see the basics of full mash.
He'll be mashing in nano secoconds once he sees the way its done.
The bugger is also on holidays as well, the lucky so & so.
Reckon I could be there by 2 ish.
With any luck said freind may have some tasty treats to share if not some beers.
Daz

Good that should be about when I'm mashing in the Belgian special so hopefully I'll be still sober-ish (if not remind me its a long mash, long boil will ya :rolleyes: ).

I will try and make it to this as I am on the verge of making the next step and playing with grain. So am Curious to see the process in action

I'm only following orders.....

broken.jpg

Will probably go for something like this. Hopefully I will be able to get some First gold and styrians from craftbrewer between now and then.

Anarchy in the Bitter Ale II
Special/Best/Premium Bitter

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 60.0
Total Grain (kg): 9.600
Total Hops (g): 180.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.043 (P): 10.7
Colour (SRM): 10.2 (EBC): 20.1
Bitterness (IBU): 29.7 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 85
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
4.000 kg Golden Promise Malt (41.67%)
4.000 kg Maris Otter Malt (41.67%)
0.200 kg Chocolate, Pale (2.08%)
0.400 kg Crystal 120 (4.17%)
1.000 kg Wheat Malt (10.42%)

Hop Bill
----------------
90.0 g Willamette Pellet (4.7% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.5 g/l)
45.0 g First Gold Pellet (7.9% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (0.8 g/l)
45.0 g Styrian Golding Pellet (5% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (0.8 g/l) 15g into each cube

Single step Infusion at 66C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at ? c with ?

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

I'd check with CB when they'll be getting some Styrians in, otherwise looks good.
Two Rambos going flat-out will be loud :)

Hmmmmmm? Wonder if I can be a no show for this one as well? :ph34r:

Wot with most of your outraged previous hosts unable to attend on the 29th I reckon you only stand a 5% chance of being bludgeoned to death Chap Chap so maybe it's worth considering making an appearance?

TP.

Well we're still above water ATM (just), hows Kin Kin going Batz?
Hopefully I can sober up and do a test drive on the rig this arvo.

OK, warned out the neighbours, milled the first batch of grain, loaded up the HLT. Test batch went through without a hitch (which you know that just means a stuck sparge first up tomorrow). Jungle Wit first up followed by the Belgian Speciale - if you need directions PM me tonight cause I'll be pretty busy tomorrow morning ;) .

Edit: Are you still coming Sean?

Have a good one guys. Wish I could make it, but sadly, I need money, wot wiv mooving again sooon.

hows Kin Kin going Batz?

We managed to get to Brissy and back today but the creeks around here are touch and go atm. We badly need some dry weather.

Batz

Latest posts

Back