Brisbane Brewday 29th Dec

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
In case I've missed anyone in the PMs, the brewday down for the 27th is now on the 29th. Possible start time 10am, two batches of Belgian style beers and with any luck there'll be another rig firing up on the day. Send me a PM for addy etc.

Sorry if the first posting sounded a bit exclusive, wasn't meant to be.
I should have some curious people from work and the surroundings to look (and learn mayhap) so it could be a good day for rusted on Brisso's.

Sorry to say Perry, but I'm back at work on that day :( Having christmas here now anyway.... That being said, two of the three roads into and out of our place are already underwater, with the third less than a metre away....(and a forecast of heavy rain for the next bloody week..........

Anyway, plenty of brew days to attend in the future, seeing as we're now doing my favourite thing in the new year - moving house.... (back to Brissy this time!)

Hope you're keeping dry!

Cheers

where is this at winkle? I doubt I could make it unless I chain my SWMBO to a chair but I be up that way then and would love to check it out. got ross's brewery on the cards with approval but would be good to come see this

where is this at winkle? I doubt I could make it unless I chain my SWMBO to a chair but I be up that way then and would love to check it out. got ross's brewery on the cards with approval but would be good to come see this

Everton Park, about 7 km Northwest from the CBD

Winkle will there be enough power for me to power up my 50L, 2200w HLT? If so I'll bring the rig along and aim for 60L of ESB. If I pull my finger out I may even have the stand welded by then but I doubt it.

Cheers

Winkle will there be enough power for me to power up my 50L, 2200w HLT? If so I'll bring the rig along and aim for 60L of ESB. If I pull my finger out I may even have the stand welded by then but I doubt it.

Cheers

Should be good, we may have to play swapsie with the single outlet though but I'm sure we can work it out.

Unfortunately I will not able to attend this, family things happening, you guys have a good one. :party: :party:

Batz

Thanks Pete.
Too bad you can't make it Batz, we'll have a few for you :chug: .
Could somebody bring a marga mill clamp?, mine is a PITA.

Sorry to say Perry, but I'm back at work on that day :( Having christmas here now anyway.... That being said, two of the three roads into and out of our place are already underwater, with the third less than a metre away....(and a forecast of heavy rain for the next bloody week..........

Anyway, plenty of brew days to attend in the future, seeing as we're now doing my favourite thing in the new year - moving house.... (back to Brissy this time!)

Hope you're keeping dry!

Cheers

OMG won't somebody think of the children hop plants!
New job as well??? :p
Oh well we'll see more of you at BABBs I guess

Edit: I'll see if Brads bringing his, Pete.

OMG won't somebody think of the children hop plants!
New job as well??? :p
Oh well we'll see more of you at BABBs I guess

Yep, gonna write a clause into the rental agreement for when we rent the place, that I'm coming up to harvest the hops. (I'm not joking.) Will look at relocating them once we have bought somewhere.

We're in a share house for a few months until we can get another place sorted (and another $500K from the bank I suppose!). BABBs will be easy as I'll be in Camp Hill, so not too far to stumble home ;)

Finally got my apprenticeship with QR as an Electrical Fitter Mechanic. Jan 31. Yay. :)

OK, OK, back on topic.... sorry!

Cheers

Yep, gonna write a clause into the rental agreement for when we rent the place, that I'm coming up to harvest the hops. (I'm not joking.) Will look at relocating them once we have bought somewhere.

We're in a share house for a few months until we can get another place sorted (and another $500K from the bank I suppose!). BABBs will be easy as I'll be in Camp Hill, so not too far to stumble home ;)

Finally got my apprenticeship with QR as an Electrical Fitter Mechanic. Jan 31. Yay. :)

Cheers
Congrats Nick. Perry I dont need 20 amp ( I think) pretty sure 10 amp is enough, I run the HLT of normal point at home I have leads and trip box (thanks for the offer Pete). And yes I can bring my Marga clamp but do remind me closer to the day.

Cheers

Cheers

Whoohoo!!!good onya Nick!! A long time coming, congratulations!!!!!! Onya bloke!

Perry? The 29th?
Why am I the only poor sucker working? Dont you have a job?

OK , OK, I'll knock off early and pretend Christmas means something to my boss.

I would like to bring a mate who has been brewining with fresh wort kits to see the basics of full mash.
He'll be mashing in nano secoconds once he sees the way its done.
The bugger is also on holidays as well, the lucky so & so.
Reckon I could be there by 2 ish.
With any luck said freind may have some tasty treats to share if not some beers.
Daz

I'm pencilled for the 27th ;) Just rearranging some family stuff (ie I don't know what's going on!) :D

Awesome, looks like I can make this one :D

Just need to sort sleeping for the night & I'm there.

What do we need to bring??

I'm pencilled for the 27th ;) Just rearranging some family stuff (ie I don't know what's going on!) :D

It's now the 29th Sean, 27th I could have made :(

Batz

Back