Brisbane Area Grain Bulk Buy. Jan 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1: Stillscottish. 1x BB Wheat, 1/2 BB Pale, 1/2 BB Pils (at this stage)
2: Winkle. 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Ale, 1/2 TF MO
3: Goldy. 1 x BB Ale, 1 x TF MO (if you get stuck Winkle, can go halvies in the TF if you like)
4: Bradsbrew. 2 x ? will have to check and start hiding $.
5: Sav. 1 x TF Marris Otter
6: Banora Brewer 1 x BB Ale Malt
7: Roscoe. 2 x Wey Pils, 1 Bairds Perle
8: BribieG. 2 x Bairds Perle, 1 x BB Ale
9: TidalPete. 1 x Bairds Perle, 1\2 x TF Maris Otter (Split with Winkle).
10: PocketBeers 1 X TF Maris Otter, 1/2 BB Pale Ale, 1/2 Wey Pils (Split with Stillscottish if these are what your wanting).
11: Ratchie. 3 x ?
12: Florian 1/2 TF Golden Promise (upgrade to full sack, but very happy to go halves)
13: RdeVjun 2 x something, probably Wey Bo Pils and Bairds GP, would take the TF GP split if it doesn't find a home.
14: WildaYeast 1x TF MO at least
15.Wobblythongs 1x BB Ale 1x BB Pils 1x BB Wheat 1/2x WM smoked

Hey Bribie Had me stuffed how to quote it for a little bit after Wildayeast but I hope i've done it right.
Cheers David.

3: Goldy. 1 x BB Ale, 1 x TF MO (if you get stuck Winkle, can go halvies in the TF if you like)
10: PocketBeers 1 X TF Maris Otter, 1/2 BB Pale Ale, 1/2 Wey Pils (Split with Stillscottish if these are what your wanting).
12: Florian 1/2 TF Golden Promise (upgrade to full sack, but very happy to go halves)
13: RdeVjun 2 x something, probably Wey Bo Pils and Bairds GP, would take the TF GP split if it doesn't find a home.
15: Wobblythongs 1x BB Ale 1x BB Pils 1x BB Wheat 1/2x WM smoked

Sorry, I suppose that does make it a bit harder...

16: Starkesbier 1x Wey Pils

17: Crunched 1 x Wey Pils

Alright, I changed my mind, in for a sack. Cheers stillscottish for organising the buy.

1: Stillscottish. 1x BB Wheat, 1/2 BB Pale, 1/2 Wey Pils

OK. Changed my order to take up the 1/2 Wey Pils.

7 bags to go, still a couple of splits to sort out.

Ratchie, we need to know what you want before it's too late.

Spreadsheet attached.

View attachment BULK_BUY_JAN_2011_latest.xlsx

: Stillscottish. 1x BB Wheat, 1/2 BB Pale, 1/2 Wey Pils
11: Ratchie. 2 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pils

18: Ecosse 1x TF MO

Help!

Anyone know how to add more columns to the spreadsheet? Excel virgin here.
With Ecosse's TF MO, that just leaves 2 sacks for a full pallet once the 2 remaining splits are taken care of.

Campbell, if you look at the top of the columns the are lettered, A,B,C etc. I have hidden some of those columns, like in between P and W, this means all the letters inbetween are hidden. Just put your cursor on the line until you get it to look like, || ,inbetween the two letters where a letter is missing and either double right click and unhide or slide it to reveal the hidden column. They will more than likely have an old name in the column so just change the names and all should be good.

Cheers

Campbell,
sorry, I meant Weyermann Floor- Malted Bohemian Pils. It really is the grouse, IMO its worth every one of the ten extra clams!
Also, if I end up with the GP spilt, I'd like to change the other sack (just opened a fresh GP yesterday) to say TF Floor- malted Maris Otter.

Apologies if its a PITA...
Slainte,
RdeV.

This is my 1st run as well. StillScottish thanks for this. I and others are loving it but where are you getting your price list from as I don't want to cut you short on cash.
The bulk list price I'm looking at is slightly higher on some grains is there a link beyond the excell sheet for the cost of this so you dont get caught short?
TIA

This is my 1st run as well. StillScottish thanks for this. I and others are loving it but where are you getting your price list from as I don't want to cut you short on cash.
The bulk list price I'm looking at is slightly higher on some grains is there a link beyond the excell sheet for the cost of this so you dont get caught short?
TIA

Brad put the prices in before he forwarded the spreadsheet to me. I'll check prices and availability tomorrow once everything's open again.

Campbell,
sorry, I meant Weyermann Floor- Malted Bohemian Pils. It really is the grouse, IMO its worth every one of the ten extra clams!
Also, if I end up with the GP spilt, I'd like to change the other sack (just opened a fresh GP yesterday) to say TF Floor- malted Maris Otter.

Apologies if its a PITA...
Slainte,
RdeV.

No problem.
Every minute spent with the spreadsheet gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'm putting something back into our beery community. :D

True, actually.

Cheers

Campbell

View attachment BULK_BUY_JAN_2011.xls

No problem.
Every minute spent with the spreadsheet gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'm putting something back into our beery community. :D

True, actually.

Cheers

Campbell

Thanks again for organising Campbell,

And for swapping your order to Wey Pils :icon_cheers:

Looking good so far.....

If we get to the end and noone has (bag) piped up, I'll take the unclaimed half sack of Golden Promise......I'll be waiting in a holding pattern until then.

Cheers,

PB

There is a legitimate split offer below, but...

:icon_offtopic:

Bit of anal fun today. Copied all my CB invoices off the site, stuffed them in a spreadsheet and did a bit of crunching to see how much of what type of stuff I've used over the last three years, so I can contemplate grain BB, plus maybe some hops, and how much I can justify splurging on a mill from the US (when it'll get paid back). There's a few non-CB purchases, particularly on equipment (such as fridges), but it's looking something like this...

Start Date 17/12/2007
End Date 28/12/2010
Duration (days) 1,107

Total Cost 2,877
# Brews 44
Cost / Brew 65.39
Cost / Day 2.60

Cost Ingredients 1,618
Cost / Brew 36.78
Cost / Day 1.46

Cost - Adjunct 64
Cost - Book 10
Cost - Equipment 1,102
Cost - Hops 455
Cost - Grain 1,099
Cost - Yeast 147

:icon_offtopic:

In any event, I figure I could go for a 1/2 bag of Flaked Barley and/or Wheat. Haven't used much pilsner to date, but that FM bo pils sounds yummy. Munich II was the other grain that I managed to use quite a bit of. So, if anyone is interested in any splits to finish off the pallet...

Thanks from me as well for organising Campbell.

Cheers, Brian

Hi Stillscottish, just noticed that my 1/2 sack of TF GP ended up in the Bairds section. I'd prefer the floor malted and dearer TF. If you could fix that before you send the order off that'd be great.

Cheers,
Florian

Oops. Had a sack in a blank column.

What's left:

1/2 sack Golden Promise, possibly spoken for by RdeVjun
1/2 sack Wey Smoked

2 more sacks for a full pallet so what's it to be, WildaYeast? If you're keen on the Munich ll I might be tempted to split it with you.

Cheers
Ok I will take a full bag of smoked WM. If that will help.

sorry about my cut and paste or quote skills are limited.

15: Wobblythongs 1x BB Ale 1x BB Pils 1x BB Wheat 1/2x WM smoked 1x WM Smoked
18: Ecosse 1x TF MO

This is getting confusing with half bag swapsies

Back