Brigalow - Stay Away (?)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quantocks,

try some of that medication in the pic with your next glass - might help.

Maybe an aspro clear would be good. Sorts out carbonation and the hangover at the same time.

just an update on this:

three weeks in the bottle and it still has absolutely no beer characteristics at all. I ended up tipping the rest down the sink, it was absolutely terrible. My friend commented it was almost like a really really bad apple cider.

Spoke to someone online and they said stay well away from homebrand kits and brigalow. It's definitely not worth even the ~10 dollars you pay for a brigalow kit.

just an update on this:

three weeks in the bottle and it still has absolutely no beer characteristics at all. I ended up tipping the rest down the sink, it was absolutely terrible. My friend commented it was almost like a really really bad apple cider.

Spoke to someone online and they said stay well away from homebrand kits and brigalow. It's definitely not worth even the ~10 dollars you pay for a brigalow kit.

Have you looked into doing extract and using specialty grains for your flavour and colour? That way you will get a more beer like brew at only a little extra hassle... You dont need to worry about mashing, just steeping which is a piece of piss, then a small boil in a normal kitchen pot and youll be on your way to making really good beers!

A little extra effort can make a way better beer! Before I moved to AG I was doing extract and the beer was far more superior to k&k...

Just a thought...

Brewed a Brigalow NEW a couple of weeks back and kegged it. The leftovers were bottled in Grolsch swing tops.

Feeling a little thursty today, I thought I'd crack one of the swing tops and sample the as yet young Brigalow NEW.

I gotta tell you, if this brew improves in the keg, I'm in for some nice drinking.
First taste reminds me of Newcastle Brown, perhaps a teensy sweeter.

Glad I brewed it before reading the negative posts had a chance to discourage me.

BTW, I also brew the Apple Cider regularly during the warmer part of the year,
and I find it a very refreshing, always clear, sparkling brew.

The post or the poster? first post in 5 years.
frightening.

I see dead posters

Back