Brigalow Apple Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan A

Reaction score
Hi,

I put on a batch of Brigalow apple cider yesterday and have noticed that there has been no bubbling as yet, does apple cider generally take a little longer to get going than beer?.

Hi,

I put on a batch of Brigalow apple cider yesterday and have noticed that there has been no bubbling as yet, does apple cider generally take a little longer to get going than beer?.

hi, did you use a started yeast. ?

cheers alan

I put one (Brig Ap Cid) down yesterday and was bubbling with a couple of hours of yeast addition. Created vortex and added dried yeast straight out of the sachet.

Bubble rate (as we speak) about 36-40 per min.

I used the yeast and nutrient that came with the can.
hi,
from my experience,cider has been slower to start fermenting. it helps to start the yeast with sugar and a small amount of warm water . this proves the yeast is ok ,and that it has not had a damaging experience such as high temperature. time wise a yeast starter can save you several days.

i have not used the nutrient ,assuming diamonium phosphate, however this would help fermentation.

cheers, alan

hi,
from my experience,cider has been slower to start fermenting. it helps to start the yeast with sugar and a small amount of warm water . this proves the yeast is ok ,and that it has not had a damaging experience such as high temperature. time wise a yeast starter can save you several days.

i have not used the nutrient ,assuming diamonium phosphate, however this would help fermentation.
cheers, alan

Thanks

Actually it started to bubble up last night, was bubbling this morning when I had a look, so just a slow starter.

Dan

Latest posts

Back