Brewtools Miniuni

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be more open to the glycol jacketed ones as there isn't really many other options at this size range

I'm curious how many people actually drop their yeast/trub etc out. I've had a few brews I've drunk straight from tank without bothering

Previous post wasn't plugging KL a few places have kegmenters, including KK (unless they've discontinued them)

Keen to see pricing, might look at getting a smaller one for small batches but se
I like the extent of the jacket too, I was keen on a couple other standard stainless jacketed fermenters like the brewbuilt X2 and the ss brewtech unitank 2.0 but I wanted the flexibility to be able to use the same uni to ferment single batches and double keg batches as required as I usually have an even split between the amount batches I do for each. The other unis the jacket doesn't extend into the cone so they would have trouble cooling smaller batches.

I want the bottom drain more for CIP than trub so the shallow angle isn't a concern for me.

Probably going to be $900ish (just using conversation rate of euro to aud newera used on the OG miniuni)

I like the extent of the jacket too, I was keen on a couple other standard stainless jacketed fermenters like the brewbuilt X2 and the ss brewtech unitank 2.0 but I wanted the flexibility to be able to use the same uni to ferment single batches and double keg batches as required as I usually have an even split between the amount batches I do for each. The other unis the jacket doesn't extend into the cone so they would have trouble cooling smaller batches.

I want the bottom drain more for CIP than trub so the shallow angle isn't a concern for me.

Probably going to be $900ish (just using conversation rate of euro to aud newera used on the OG miniuni)
I'm in the same view for Unis want the jacket to be in the cone

Not a fan of the brewbuilt clamps, currently my preference is the ss 2.0 (17gal)/Brewtools (F80)

The Cheekypeak 105 (80L max) might also be a contender but they are also a glycol band

But only if I'm doing doubles (44-46L) or more

If the new kegland ones that are jacketed (including cone) and insulated come into stock I may get a 150L (working volume) one. Would be open to other vendors with this feature set and I've looked at the 1bbl commerical ss brewtech ones as well but the price is putting me off

Didn't realise the mini uni couldn't hold pressure as if that's the case it's a deal breaker for me as I do closed transfers and carbonate in tank etc.

I'm in the same view for Unis want the jacket to be in the cone

Not a fan of the brewbuilt clamps, currently my preference is the ss 2.0 (17gal)/Brewtools (F80)

The Cheekypeak 105 (80L max) might also be a contender but they are also a glycol band

But only if I'm doing doubles (44-46L) or more

If the new kegland ones that are jacketed (including cone) and insulated come into stock I may get a 150L (working volume) one. Would be open to other vendors with this feature set and I've looked at the 1bbl commerical ss brewtech ones as well but the price is putting me off

Didn't realise the mini uni couldn't hold pressure as if that's the case it's a deal breaker for me as I do closed transfers and carbonate in tank etc.
Specs on the website have it as Operating pressure 1 bar / 15psi and Max pressure rated 2 bar / 30 PSI

I think the previous posters issue might have been that they just don't come standard with the pressure kit?

Specs on the website have it as Operating pressure 1 bar / 15psi and Max pressure rated 2 bar / 30 PSI

I think the previous posters issue might have been that they just don't come standard with the pressure kit?
Correct. To be pressure capable you have to spend another couple $100. Maybe I'm just jealous that I'll never afford or maybe there's validity to what Ive said.

I'll never understand the customising of unitanks. They are a pretty straightforward product. If built correctly from the beginning there shouldn't be a need for a whole lot else to add to them. If people want shiny things to go with their other shiny new things I guess who am I stop them from spending their hard earned money.
I would just hate to spend all that money to only be left with buyers remorse.

I still think my interpretation is fairer than the hype they been able to put out there.

I love the idea of the Miniuni, but I’m disappointed with the execution. It could have been the ultimate blank canvas - a stainless conical with top and bottom TC ports which you could use for any of the dozens of attachments available, not just from Brewtools, but from KK, KL, Blichman, etc.

Sadly, the bottom is more comical than conical and the lack of handles is just plain silly.

Being built in one of the world’s most expensive countries, it was never going to be cheap, but if they had got the cone and handles right then I probably could have looked past the price. So close, and yet…….

Latest posts

Back