Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gone into homebrew overdrive the last couple of weeks so I'll be at the next one for sure! What style is it? Belgian is my vote as I've got a Saison bottled, another Saison fermenting & another planned:) The Summer of Saison is upon us!
Not sure on Melbourne but Sydney is Wheat beers next up so plenty of time to work on something :icon_cheers:

Not sure on Melbourne but Sydney is Wheat beers next up so plenty of time to work on something :icon_cheers:
It would be nice for the people running it to confirm that information. It's been 4 weeks since I asked the first time and another 2 since I asked the second.

Not everyone 'lives' on the forums, but asking for one post - to provide useful information about their own event - in 2 (or 4) weeks does not seem unreasonable to me. Especially when the the last few posts have been complaining about low numbers at the Melbourne events, as I suggested before: If we don't know about it (in time) we can't come.

It would be nice for the people running it to confirm that information. It's been 4 weeks since I asked the first time and another 2 since I asked the second.

Not everyone 'lives' on the forums, but asking for one post - to provide useful information about their own event - in 2 (or 4) weeks does not seem unreasonable to me. Especially when the the last few posts have been complaining about low numbers at the Melbourne events, as I suggested before: If we don't know about it (in time) we can't come.

It was listed on their blog for a while (cant find it now though). Nov 23rd is wheat beer and the one after that in Dec will be open class ie: anything goes!

http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/

It was listed on their blog for a while (cant find it now though). Nov 23rd is wheat beer and the one after that in Dec will be open class ie: anything goes!

http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/
I've visited the blog 3 times in the last 4 weeks (while waiting for a reply here), and like you, I can't find anything useful, nor is there anything on the website, or anything 'official' on here. Wheat beer it is then I guess ...

I've visited the blog 3 times in the last 4 weeks (while waiting for a reply here), and like you, I can't find anything useful, nor is there anything on the website, or anything 'official' on here. Wheat beer it is then I guess ...
The Darlinghurst Taphouse did Stouts when you did earlier and IPA's last time around so doing up a Wheat Beer is probably the best bet :icon_cheers:

I just called to confirm, Tuesday the 23rd it is!

:)

(Sydney that is)

Melbourne's Taphouse Brewshare will also be on the 23rd, not sure why it's not on the blog.

Anyway, there is no designated style for this month in Melbourne. Hopefully this will encourage more people to come along. I'll probably be bringing a Saison of some kind.

It should be open style every month.. It's a bit much to expect every brewer to do a brew especially for the night. Why can't brewers just bring what is in the fridge and is tasting good at the time?
I'd happily come along and share my wares, but I'm very comfortable in Scotland and Northern England at the moment.. ;) not Southern Germany or Belgium. Hmm.. I haven't got anything fresh right at the moment though, my brewhouse has been out of action for too long due to major renovations in the yard/garage, etc... :(

Hey all,

I am still trying to get to the bottom of it but there has indeed has been some confusion about the BrewShare dates with some mixed messages emanating from Darlo. Apologies for that.

So to clarify, BrewShares in both Taphouses are on Tuesday November 23. It is not tomorrow night in Darlo and we have emailed those people who have booked already online to notify them.

In Darlo attendees wanted a style they could brew to but there is always an Open Class so you can bring whatever is in your fridge (at least two 750ml long necks is required). St Kilda BrewShares are all Open Class currently.

To find out more about BrewShares see here - http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/search?q=brewshare.

To book for next week at either venue, visit the Event Diaries of our website (www.thelocal.com.au).

Hi all,

Our next BrewShare for homebrewers in both Taphouses is next Tuesday night (Nov 23rd).

Regarding St Kilda, we are again disappointed and puzzled by the poor takeup so far (1 booking). Sadly, if we dont get more people attending the St Kilda BrewShares, this will very likely be the last one - if it even happens. We dont make any money from the night but we do like to support the Melbourne homebrew community by organising these nights (and even offering a $100 Grain & Grape voucher for winner of Peoples Choice Beer). To cancel these nights would be a terrible shame.

We have contacted all Melbourne homebrew clubs to help promote the events but perhaps the homebrew scene is so tight there is no real interest in another night where members from all clubs can get together quarterly.

The basic premise of the BrewShare night is that homebrewers of all standards can bring any homebrew they have in the fridge (at least 1.5 litres if possible) along to swap with other homebrewers. To read about past BrewShares in Sydney and Melbourne, see here http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/search?q=brewshare. To read how they work, click here - http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/2010/...-they-work.html!

If you would like to come along to either BrewShare night next Tuesday, please visit www.thelocal.com.au, click on the venue and then go in to the Event Diary to book. It's only $10 which goes to nibbles throughout the session!

Cheers.

Steve

Hi all,

Our next BrewShare for homebrewers in both Taphouses is next Tuesday night (Nov 23rd).

Regarding St Kilda, we are again disappointed and puzzled by the poor takeup so far (1 booking). Sadly, if we dont get more people attending the St Kilda BrewShares, this will very likely be the last one - if it even happens. We dont make any money from the night but we do like to support the Melbourne homebrew community by organising these nights (and even offering a $100 Grain & Grape voucher for winner of Peoples Choice Beer). To cancel these nights would be a terrible shame.

We have contacted all Melbourne homebrew clubs to help promote the events but perhaps the homebrew scene is so tight there is no real interest in another night where members from all clubs can get together quarterly.

The basic premise of the BrewShare night is that homebrewers of all standards can bring any homebrew they have in the fridge (at least 1.5 litres if possible) along to swap with other homebrewers. To read about past BrewShares in Sydney and Melbourne, see here http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/search?q=brewshare. To read how they work, click here - http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/2010/...-they-work.html!

If you would like to come along to either BrewShare night next Tuesday, please visit www.thelocal.com.au, click on the venue and then go in to the Event Diary to book. It's only $10 which goes to nibbles throughout the session!

Cheers.

Steve

I would love to come, but unfortuantely Tuesday nights don't work for me. I think it would be a real shame to see an opportunity like this to disappear - support of the homebrew scene by commercial premises is really rare - so if you are free, I would highly recommend getting down.

I know the call has gone out amongst the melbourne brewers - so hopefully you will get a few of our members along next week.

Steve, is there a survey we need to fill out about the beer we are bringing this time?

Got my tickets for tomorrow night.

Any other Melb brewers temped to make the trip? I'm sure there will be SUBS* beforehand.

*(Sneaky Upstairs BeerS)

Got my tickets for tomorrow night.

Any other Melb brewers temped to make the trip? I'm sure there will be SUBS* beforehand.

*(Sneaky Upstairs BeerS)

Hopefully there is enough to go ahead. I'll be there if it does.

Great night at Brewshare St. Kilda tonight.

A credit to the Taphouse boys for organising the event, and allowing a bunch of cheap-ass homebrewers to use their facilities to come together and try some awesome beers. Hey, some of us even bought a couple of beers off the bar afterwards :)

Didn't have a bad beer all night, which is testament to the burgeoning homebrew scene. Look forward to the next one!

Argh... Shiver me timbers! My frekkin head. I really really thought everybody is not gonna bring IPAs and RISs and stick to the wheat beers. Sigh! Loved it all :)

Latest posts

Back