BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of updates.

Books.
The next delivery of the Handbook of Basic Brewing Calculations is due any day. These are at cost and always sell out, so if you want one, now is the time to put your hand up. Just express your interest here, first in gets the books:

Malts.
Distilling Malts.
Brewman has always had Peated malts and still does.
But new is Bairds Distilling Malt.

Steve will you be getting another shipment of books before Xmas, pointing the better half in the right direction is always a good idea. But timing sucks as I gone a little nuts with the brewing budget recently:oops:.

Mike

Steve will you be getting another shipment of books before Xmas, pointing the better half in the right direction is always a good idea. But timing sucks as I gone a little nuts with the brewing budget recently:oops:.

Mike
This is the last one this year I would say.

I can put your name on one.

Books should be here any day. If you want one add to the list. The book is the "Handbook of Basic Brewing Calculations"
1. Jack of all biers

Time to order Wyeast. Let me know if you want anything special or just yeast straight off the plane.

New set of seasonals out now.
2575-PC Kolsch Yeast II
This authentic Kӧlsch strain from one of Germany’s leading brewing schools has a rich flavor profile which accentuates a soft malt finish. It has Low or no detectable diacetyl production and will also ferment well at colder temperatures for fast lager type beers.

2487-PC Hella Bock Lager
Direct from the Austrian Alps, this strain will produce rich, full-bodied and malty beers with a complex flavor profile and a great mouth feel. Attenuates well while still leaving plenty of malt character and body. Beers fermented with this strain will benefit from a temperature rise for a diacetyl rest at the end of primary fermentation

2002-PC Gambrinus Style Lager
Czech-style lager strain with very mild floral aroma, nice lager character in nose. Malt dominates profile with subtle floral/fruit notes. Full, complex flavor profile with full mouthfeel. Finishes soft and smooth with nice lingering maltiness.

I fully recommend trying the Hella Bock. It's a favourite lager yeast of mine. I've had attenuation well into the mid 80's with this yeast.

Steve, can I get:
1x 2575-PC
1x 2487-PC
1x 2002-PC

Thanks! That'll round out shipping on the LupuLN2, or whatever it's called :)

Last edited:
I fully recommend trying the Hella Bock. It's a favourite lager yeast of mine. I've had attenuation well into the mid 80's with this yeast.

Steve, can I get:
1x 2575-PC
1x 2487-PC
1x 2002-PC

Thanks! That'll round out shipping on the LupuLN2, or whatever it's called :)

Order noted Mardoo. and the LupuLN2 is ready to go.

Just packed a heap of Simcoe resins, man that stuff smell good. I packed out some 3ml ones too, maybe 5 of them. $3 ea if anyone is interested.

Books update
1. Jack of all biers
2. Malt junkie
3. DJ_L3ThAL
4. Brewman - Yep mine has gone again! This time I know where and to a good home.

Latest posts

Back