Brewing While Travelling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we are still here in Brissy's miserable wet weather, there are doubts arrising we will be able to leave when ready due to soggy ground, Just as well Ross's bar is close.

Still waiting on the boat to be ready - Friday they said but I'm not holding my breath with so many delays so far. Haven't worn out our welcome at Ross's yet so it's all good.

Have decided to go with no chill hence the bladder thread and thanks to Batz I got a couple of thesebladders on bottom.

Does anyone know if they will stand near boilng temps? I would hate to see the AG that Ross and I are going to do running across the floor because the bladder popped.

Look like brewing on the weekend so will post pics of brewday and boat hopefully. And a bogged bus if this rain keeps up. :angry:

cheers nm

As is typical, the boat wasn't quite ready - Noel's gone off to collect it this morning though. Looks like we won't be doing sea trials as the Qld government in it's infinite wisdom, will not allow someone who's travelling to register a trailer - You must have a permanent address here. So it's being towed on top of another tralier back to WA next week, to be registered there.
Doing 2 hot wort kits today for Noel to take on his travels - 30L of American Amber & 30L of Schwarzbier.
1hr in, on the first mash - This will be my first go at the "no chill" method, unfortunately won't get to taste the results, unless I take Noel up on his offer to join them over at Ningaloo beach where he'll be based for a while - I'm seriously tempted :party:

cheers Ross

Geez,

That sounds good. Between studying for exams and sampling Ross's selection of beers, I think I can take a rough guess at where I would rather be right now.

Speaking of which, I was up in Carbrook over Christmas. I knew Ross was up this way but it wasn't til I got back home that I realized where he actually was. Would have been great to meet up with you Ross. That said, I also have family in Carbrook, but i didnt manage to see them either... :blink:

Anyway, enjoy the travels Metters and have one for all of us! :beer:

Sloth.

Cheers Sloth,

It will be hard tearing myself away from Ross's Bar but the beach and boating have a slightly stronger pull.
Ross had to struggle along without my help with the brewing this morning as the boat still wasn't ready when we got there for it. He was sparging the second one when I got back.

I have the boat finally so head down bum up making the ramp for it on the big trailer over the weekend so we can get moving early/mid next week. Driving straight from Brisbane to Exmouth the wallet is going to implode with the fuel bill but the end result will be worth it.

My old stamping ground metters,but why race across the otherside of the country to start the trip?

Batz

Driving straight from Brisbane to Exmouth

5 meters from my bar to 5,000 kms. Metters, you trying to tell me something? B)

60L of fresh wort kits in the bag - God they smell good...

cheers Ross

Metters,

You are living the dream my friend. That is my plans for when I decide to retire in about 20 - 30 yrs :p Unfortunately I need to keep the nose to the grind stone to earn a few more dollars.

Enjoy the trip and I hope you get to try a few or many great brews along the way. And good luck with the brewing on the road. :beer:

Ross,

You truly are a good man. Making a couple of AG's for a travelling man. Good to see there are still decent people out there, especially some so talented in the making of good quality beer :party:

Cheers and Beers

HK :chug:

Batz this may be the last time we are able to camp by the waters edge for $15/week and if you have
been to the reef you would know how brilliant that is.
The WA planning minister wants to resume the coast all along the reef and let the corporates put in accomodation complexes all along and you'll have to pay $180/night to stay there (already doing it closer to Exmouth).
At the moment the grey nomads (we are just starting early) and joe public can get in there and can have an affordable holiday but there is no revenue for the government.
Rant mode off.
We will be back this way in a couple of years to annoy you again, Cape York is high on the priorities as long as the price of fuel doesn't cramp us too much.

Ross I have to get a long way away or the temptation of your hospitality and bar would be too much and have me calling back around all the time - like giving up smoking - I have to make a clean break.
:beer:

The task at hand :unsure:

IMG_0843.JPG

And we have a flying boat.
Behind schedule again but now we're off.
Screwtop and Tidalpete were in awe when they saw it and the bus.

IMG_0846_1.JPG

Wow! That whole lot is a fully impressive setup - congrats on engineering yourself!

I take it a 4WD goes under the boat?

Cheers - Mke

Bloody Awesome... well done mate... :) you have earned the right to sit up in the pilots seat with a smug look on your dial as you drive by the rest of working Oz .... I hope you enjoy ningaloo befor its truned into surffs or port douglas .. I wish the missus and I had spent more time over there years ago. when we passed down the WA coast ..

enjoy :beer:

Suddenly very quiet here - Noel (Metters) & his wife Sue, have left the Carbrook Brewery for Exmouth at the start of their great adventure in the "SandCrab". We will really miss them, they are truly lovely people & have become very close friends with me & my wife. I'm sure we'll hear plenty from them as they travel the continent, catching up with AHB members on their way.

Sue & Noel ready for the off
Sand_crab.jpg

Bon Voyage
on_their_way.jpg

cheers Ross

I'm proud to belong to the same website as you guys!

That's trailer is art.

InCider.

Where in the money
Where in the money

We got a lot of money that it takes to get around :beerbang: :rolleyes:

Have a good one Metters ;)

Batz

That guy's bus stuck down the road from Batz' has only been there a week. Anything that doesn't move around Kin Kin ends up that way. The hillbi.... er locals bury the stuff until they need it. Isn't that right Batz.

You come back now hear!

There's a lot of things buried around here Screwtop,buses are just one of them B)

Batz :ph34r:

You come back now hear!

There's a lot of things buried around here Screwtop,buses are just one of them B)

Batz :ph34r:

And cheeky city folk ;)

Batz

That guy's bus stuck down the road from Batz' has only been there a week. Anything that doesn't move around Kin Kin ends up that way. The hillbi.... er locals bury the stuff until they need it. Isn't that right Batz.

We are all waiting your next visit Screwtop

Batz

:lol: :D RAOFLMGO :D :lol:

Batz, we have a personal link to Kin Kin and buried stuff that I will tell you about some time.

Latest posts

Back