Brewing Recipe Ideas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One step at a time Chappo. BBQ needs to be built and then a matching chest freezer on wheels device things before HERMS even pokes over the horizon!!!

:icon_cheers: SJ

Knocking this recipe back and forth, will prolly brew mid week once I get some cara-amber

20 litres, OG 1061, IBU's 35

4kg Global Pils
450g Munich
150g Cara-Amber
90g Melanoidin
300g Cane Sugar

60 : 5g Northern Brewer 8.5%, 18g Super Alpha 10.5%
10 : 10g NZ Hallertau 4.5%, 15g Styrian 5.5%
Wyeast 3787

:icon_drool2:

Any thoughts on this recipe? Eagerly awaiting my US hop order from Ross and playing around with a few AIPA recipes..

I get OG 1060 IBU's 71 (but prolly more due to no chilling - considering dropping the 60 min addition cos of this?)

4.5kg Pils
1kg Munich
100g Cara-Munich III
60 : 10g Southern Cross 13.2%
15 : 15g each of (this is where it gets silly) Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, and Cascade
FO : 10g of each of the above
Dry : 15g of each of the above for 10 days
WLP-001 or US-05

I figure this will leave me with 50g of each variety to play with on different brews afterwards, but is this over the top?? :p

Any thoughts on this recipe? Eagerly awaiting my US hop order from Ross and playing around with a few AIPA recipes..

I get OG 1060 IBU's 71 (but prolly more due to no chilling - considering dropping the 60 min addition cos of this?)

4.5kg Pils
1kg Munich
100g Cara-Munich III
60 : 10g Southern Cross 13.2%
15 : 15g each of (this is where it gets silly) Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, and Cascade
FO : 10g of each of the above
Dry : 15g of each of the above for 10 days
WLP-001 or US-05

I figure this will leave me with 50g of each variety to play with on different brews afterwards, but is this over the top??

Your just a hop head RevKnut! :p Actually sounds the go to me so far. Not sure on the simcoe and chinook amongst all that but you never know unless you give it a go! I reckon it's going to be a nice hoppy drop. Can always bring the 60mins to 45 or 30mins if worried with no-chill? FWIW.

Cheers Chappo :icon_cheers:

Yum, that recipe looks the goods there Reviled. All those lovely hops :icon_drool2:

I reckon it's going to be a nice hoppy drop. Can always bring the 60mins to 45 or 30mins if worried with no-chill? FWIW.

Cheers Chappo :icon_cheers:

Decided not to change the 60 min addition and give myself a teeth scraper :lol:

Also thinking upping the Cara-Munich III to 250gs for a bit more body..

Damn I want my US hops now :ph34r: , shoulda ordered 2 or 3 lots of each, im gonna be sad when theyre all gone, but should last me till im over in june..

Typical response from another crazed hophead... :beerbang:

Guilty as charged and damn proud!!!!! :icon_drunk:

Yeah keep the 60 min addition, should turn out real nice.

Planning a SMaSH brew, and I figured, why not use my favourite malt, and my favourite hop together :icon_drool2:

Thoughts anyone? I think it should be interesting to say the least lol

5.5kg Munich OG - 1064 IBU's 61

FWH : 25g Amarillo 6.8%
20 : 25g Amarillo 6.8%
10 : 25g Amarillo 6.8%
5 : 25g Amarillo 6.8%
Dry : 50g Amarillo 6.8%

US-05

Can't hurt to try now can it??

Managed to knock out 45 ltrs of Belgian Blond Ale last night, only got four hours of sleep, but hit all my numbers so very happy!!

(and got to use a few new toys for the brewery!!)

Cheers SJ

Love it RevKnut! :icon_drool2: Amarillo and munich best mates IMO

50gr dry you farkin' hop head!!!

Chappo

Love it RevKnut! :icon_drool2: Amarillo and munich best mates IMO

50gr dry you farkin' hop head!!!

Chappo

lol, just got a kilo of Amarillo so why the hell not eh? :icon_cheers: Should have a lovely red tinge to it, wonder if itll taste like its got a fair whack of crystal in it?

Can't hurt to try now can it??

Managed to knock out 45 ltrs of Belgian Blond Ale last night, only got four hours of sleep, but hit all my numbers so very happy!!

(and got to use a few new toys for the brewery!!)

Cheers SJ

Although I'm officially still not talking to you over the nude photo incident <_< . Farkin well done SJ gotta admire your dedication to the brewer hood! :beerbang: Love a belgium blonde BTW been meaning to try my hand at one but always get side tracked. Was it your recipe?

Sooo any chance of a sampler making into RevKnuts extra special delivery?

Chappo

lol, just got a kilo of Amarillo so why the hell not eh? :icon_cheers: Should have a lovely red tinge to it, wonder if itll taste like its got a fair whack of crystal in it?

Prolly gunna have a hoppy front a sweet malty middle and nice balancing bitterness to finish IMO. I reckon it's gunna be a cracker RevKnut.

Chappo

Any thoughts or advice on my english IPA with a twist??

4.98kg Golden Promise
600g Munich II
240g Medium Crystal
180g Cara Amber

90 - 12g Nugget 11.6%
60 - 20g EKG 4.8%
20 - 30g EKG 4.8%, 15g Amarillo 8.6%
5 - 25g EKG 4.8%, 12g Amarillo 8.6%
Dry - 30g EKG 4.8%, 12g Amarillo 8.6%

OG - 1064 IBU - 53 - 22 Litres

Yeast - Im thinking US-05, but any suggestions here are more than welcome!!

Not very English,
but you mentioned a twist.
What do you want me to say....

Seriously, If the IBU is over +35 I'd mash at 66-67.
I'd also add the Crystal malts at the end of mash.
Us-05 is my favourite dry
I like Target as bittering, I have never used Nugget
Never tried EKG coupled with Amarillo but it could work.

Push the boundaries That's what I say.

Not very English,
but you mentioned a twist.
What do you want me to say....

Seriously, If the IBU is over +35 I'd mash at 66-67.
I'd also add the Crystal malts at the end of mash.
Us-05 is my favourite dry
I like Target as bittering, I have never used Nugget
Never tried EKG coupled with Amarillo but it could work.

Push the boundaries That's what I say.

Its semi english innit? :rolleyes: lol

Was planning to mash at around 67 to give some nice body

Why would you add the crystal malts at the end of the mash? Cos it doesnt need conversion? ive heard of this being done with roasted and choclate malts, but not crystal?? :huh:

Also - yeah Target was the obvious choice for bittering but I didnt have any on hand, ive used Nugget recently in heaps of brews recently, including a few scottish and british ales for bittering and its really nuetral with a clean smooth bitterness! Is quickly becoming my fave bittering hop!

Any thoughts or advice on my english IPA with a twist??

4.98kg Golden Promise
600g Munich II
240g Medium Crystal
180g Cara Amber

90 - 12g Nugget 11.6%
60 - 20g EKG 4.8%
20 - 30g EKG 4.8%, 15g Amarillo 8.6%
5 - 25g EKG 4.8%, 12g Amarillo 8.6%
Dry - 30g EKG 4.8%, 12g Amarillo 8.6%

OG - 1064 IBU - 53 - 22 Litres

Yeast - Im thinking US-05, but any suggestions here are more than welcome!!

US-05 Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

Ringwood ringwood ringwood.
Munich II brilliant, I don't do a bitter without Munich any more. Also the Nugget is a bit of a worry, I'd try either Target as suggested or Challenger. My ESB picked up a silver in the QLD comp last week: here's the recipe and you can see some parallels and might want to pick a couple of eyes out of it if you wish.

Cheers
Michael

SuperLandlord II

4000 Golden Promise
500 Munich II
100 Melanoidin
60 Choc
300 Carared

67 degrees 90 mins

20 Challenger 90 min
20 Northdown 90 min
20 Styrian Goldings 10 min

2L wort boiled down to 300ml

500g white sugaz into fermenter

Ringwood 20 degrees.

:icon_cheers:

I've actually never tried nugget, if the Chinese hop buy succeeds I might be using it for years to come :blink:

Dont be afraid of nugget bribie, its a great hop!!

Ringwood you say?? Hmmm, what does that do to the hop character? It doesnt steal it away like alot of other english yeasts does it??

Back