• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Brewing "Hard" Apple Cider

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

DarrenTheDrunk

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Boozers

I am toying with the idea of brewing some apple cider for a friend and the following link was one I found on Red Tube...Oops, sorry; I mean You Tube!! My questions are simple (I think) as to has anyone done this and if so, could you recommend a brand of Apple cider from the supermarket. Is this the way to go or are I better to get a extract from the HB shop. Even is someone has brewed some other fruit other than Apple Cider I would be interested in what, how and "was it goo". Any input would be appreciated

Cheers and Beers

Darren

Vini2ton

Reaction score
Only way you learn is to have a crack. I did the supermarket apple-juice cider thing. Or as I called it, centrelink sossle. Cheap and f'n nasty. Mead is a thing I did for a while. It gets better with a bit of age on it (like 5 years). Mind you, there are a lot more suitable yeasts around nowadays for these brews. That champers yeast was rough stuff I reckon.

Latest posts