Brewing Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday Fuggle,

Last I heard the course was hopefully kicking off late this year, early next year. I believe they were still waiting on brewery equipment and finalizing which breweries would do the hands on experience. When I get to a pc ill try and find the email I received.

Wonder if you can do it part time.

welly2 said:
Wonder if you can do it part time.
yep it is part time, I don't think they realise just how many AG home brewers would like to do it. Of course until now there has been little in the way of formal qualification other than postgrad, I can think of at least a few HB'ers that could almost write the curriculum. The best news is at last the craft/micro industry is gaining the recognition and educational resources required for it to move forward.

For the rest of us it only means better qualified people making beer, which translates to consistent quality beer being produced.

TAFE in SA do 2 courses per year. One is the same as this (Food Certificate) and the other IBD accredited. They have a 10HL DME system there run off of a boiler,4 x FV's and a large bottling line. It was 2 weeks full time followed by the exam and was a seriously good course. Only 12 people in that one all up including 3 from interstate.

Cheers thanks guys I look forward to hearing more as it all unfolds.

Latest posts

Back